La Palma: my favourite Canarian Island

ikbenik

After my visit for real to some islands of the Canarias, I prefer La Palma for it's variety in nature and the lush green areas. Also a joy to fly virtual now and

recognise the landscape in hifi. I made the tour in a Beech Baron and airborned of coarse from it's airport GCLA, enjoy the views:

La-Palma-airport-GCLA-Beexh58-1.jpg

La-Palma-airport-GCLA-Beexh58-2.jpg

La-Palma-airport-GCLA-Beexh58-3.jpg

La-Palma-Beexh58-1.jpg

La-Palma-Beexh58-2.jpg

La-Palma-Beexh58-3.jpg

La-Palma-Beexh58-4.jpg

La-Palma-Beexh58-5.jpg

La-Palma-Beexh58-6.jpg

La-Palma-Beexh58-7.jpg

La-Palma-Beexh58-8.jpg

La-Palma-Beexh58-9.jpg

La-Palma-Beexh58-10.jpg

1 hour ago, TigerTigerM said:

Nice set ikbenik.

Take the last 2 shots. There are several areas of squares & rectangles in a flat white.

I have been trying to figure out what they are.

Could they be horticultural plots with shade coving?

TTM

Hi,

They are, some very large, covered banana-plantages. We call it 'serres' meaning breading-cases to keep as much as warm and mosty climat intern.

I have driven through endless such serres and it seems as white rectancles from above because they are mostly fabricated in white colored plastics.

So, definitively not a fault in the scenery but representing the real and actual situation on the surface.

1 hour ago, TigerTigerM said:

Nice set ikbenik.

Take the last 2 shots. There are several areas of squares & rectangles in a flat white.

I have been trying to figure out what they are.

Could they be horticultural plots with shade coving?

TTM

LaPalma.PNG.33cc70cf19a370949c3fb9d6ad40bbbf.PNG

• 1 month later...

Canarian bananas are smaller than others from the rest of the world. They also taste a little different. In the EU they are marketed by the spanish name "plátanos". However, the larger bananas from Central America and Africa are cheaper. So banana production on the Canary Islands (which uses up much of the sparse water reserves) is no longer profitable and mainly sustained by EU subventions.

Archived