MSFS so hows it going now?

wain71

So right at the start I started a post, got some stick but life carried on. As one of the thousands of testers I was disappointed with one or two things that were still wrong with the release, however now a few months on those things for me are sorted and I am a lot more happier.

A few addons have made a big difference for me, Skypark is one. A great addon that I am enjoying, I assume as I get more XP points I will then be opened up to fly the A320? The devs have listened to us, the community and every update seems to improve the App. Volanta, this is another great App that works with all my sims and stores the info in one place, great. One question though can I set it to follow the plane? I also use A pilots life, this allows me to fly scheduled flights for proper airlines, FSUIPC7 links it to and launches MSFS 2020, so between that and Skypark I now always have a purpose.

I have also bought 10 airports from Orbx (just downloading Gothenburg), taking advantage of their cross platform discount, REX, SOFLY, London City Pack & Jabiru all through Orbx Central, I have really enjoyed all these addons. Superb detail and really good performance on my system even set at High end, though just now at 1600ft in a snowstorm over Germany I had to dial back to Medium, but there's another great thing, dial back in flight and within seconds we are continuing no issues.

A couple of other things I bought after speaking to people on here one was Carenado's Ovation, usual standard for them, but also as someone that likes to fly the bus and used FS2CREW products before I have added their Pushback Express and A320 Flightcrew, two very good addons to add a bit more immersion.

So having given it time I really am enjoying the new sim, I still use my other sims because I like certain addons including all the TE for XP & P3D. I have read a lot about people having issues but I think it's a lot like XP with lots of free or hastily released payware on other sites that are not tested properly and like XP's plugin folder they don't all play nicely.

Anyway I just felt I wanted to say that yes there are still things like all sims that could be improved but now I am really enjoying using MSFS. I do wish though if I am using the buillt in ATC it could be made to open automatically when they call me as I sometimes miss the call......

Enjoy those vitual skies..

Wayne

We still need a real top skill liner from PMDG but apparently this will depend on Asobo (and Microsoft) progresses.

I am eager to test the CRJ from AErosoft.

Payware sceneries and the whole plateforme is just great. No return to P3D for me.

And why ? Because i lost so many time of my life waiting it to load each time.

Dom Mason

Thank you Wayne for this grat post.

One thing amongst others which I like very much in MSFS is the very realistically changing weather. I just did a flight from LOWI to LSZH in the TBM. I flew with live weather but dialed the time back from late evening to early afternoon to enjoy the scenery. I had blue skies from take up until right after Lake Constance, when a weather front appeared from the North. I have captured that in the screenshot below. I was able to finish flight before the clouds had arrived into Zurich.

Blue skies to the South, clouds to the North.

Wetterfront von Nord LOWI-LSZH.jpg

On 1/6/2021 at 5:48 PM, wain71 said:

A great addon that I am enjoying, I assume as I get more XP points I will then be opened up to fly the A320

Hello.

You can fly the A320 right away or not?

Simply use a search filter for narrow body jets and it should show flights with runways that have the required length. And it shouldnt matter what plane you use for that flight then.

I didnt try it myself but will do later. Should work though.

Yes, its like i thought.

In your contacts app,, on the top you can insert filters. Simply click on "Narrow Body" and you will be presented with routes that allow the a320. WIth allow i mean in regards to runway length.

Theoretically you can choose whatver planes you want.

Archived