Black friday

olderndirt

An annual event - the only thing I got was this super excellent helicopter.  By JRX design, it's the Aerospatiale 'Gazelle' - beautifully modeled and, never been in a chopper in my life, difficult to fly.  But like most things with engine powered machines, if you survive the learning phase, it's a piece of cake.

Just lifted off Fair Isle between the Orkney and Shetland Islands north of the Scottish mainland.

gaz1.png

A half hour and here's Sumburgh at the south end of the Shetlands.

gaz2a.png

Giving way to fixed wing traffic, I'll be landing at the east end.

gaz3.png

Great shots OND. However, as you are a RL fixed wing pilot I would like to remind you that: If the wings are travelling faster than the fuselage it is a helicopter and therefore it is unsafe. Or better explained an upside down ceiling fan. (I miss Jack who laughed at this "true" description of a bizarre engineering feat ):D

16 hours ago, flyingleaf said:

Great shots OND. However, as you are a RL fixed wing pilot I would like to remind you that: If the wings are travelling faster than the fuselage it is a helicopter and therefore it is unsafe. Or better explained an upside down ceiling fan. (I miss Jack who laughed at this "true" description of a bizarre engineering feat ):D

My wings were always faster but I really worked at getting to the landing at the same time :).

Archived