Dusting off the collective

olderndirt

Forty years of flying and I never even rode in a helicopter.  Nice to play in the sim.   Around Cromarty Firth, a few northeast of Inverness in Scotland - by the number of the well platforms, a lot of crude oil is being pumped.

Tain, a town on the Dornoch Firth is the oldest Royal Burgh in Scotland since 1066.  A WW II airfield housed an RAF (Czech) squadron.

inv2.png

Cromarty Firth with a string of pump platforms keeping the tanks farms full.  The town is Invergordon. 

inv3.png

And Inverness the capitol of the Highlands.  It's own castle and the nearby Culloden Moor - a lot of history.

inv4.png

Looks as if you have everything under control in those shots including the camera!  Plus time to narrate the flight also, great work! :D   
I remember my first chopper ride “Life Flight” from VA hospital to Tulsa OSU Medical!  Just conscious enough to know what was going on, I remember asking what altitude and speed we were flying so I could re-enact the flight later (if possible)! :blink: 
A couple months later I got that chance! :D

3 hours ago, Wakashi said:

Looks as if you have everything under control in those shots including the camera!  Plus time to narrate the flight also, great work! :D   
I remember my first chopper ride “Life Flight” from VA hospital to Tulsa OSU Medical!  Just conscious enough to know what was going on, I remember asking what altitude and speed we were flying so I could re-enact the flight later (if possible)! :blink: 
A couple months later I got that chance! :D

Sometimes you don't even have to ask :rolleyes:.

Collectively great shots of that upside-down ceiling fan ond:). Did get the chance to fly in a Bell 3 seater on Northern Vancouver Island near Port Hardy BC. Great experience.  The pilot was  a young American returning from Vietnam and set up shop with his neat eggbeater. I worked for Utah Mines and had a lot of fun.:) Stay safe. That was around 1970. Those were the days my friend we thought they'd never........:unsure::D

img245.jpg

Archived