Orbx LOWI Airport installation failure

Hi,

I purchased LOWI from ingame store.

Downloading does work, decompression starts and after that, Decompression changes to "Wait" and freezes Flight simulator.

After killing the sim and restarting it, the sim freezes everytime on startup while "Checking for updates".

Only deleting the downloaded Orbx LOWI Airport does fix that, so that the sim does work again.

I tried to install LOWI 5th times. Everytime the exact same result.

So whats the problem here?

Regards

Mathias

I have the same problem! Bought via in-game marketplace. 

Just noticed - the files and folders "Business", "Version", "Content Info" and "MarketplaceData" are missing after installation! 

14 minutes ago, MrBurns said:

Hi,

I purchased LOWI from ingame store.

Downloading does work, decompression starts and after that, Decompression changes to "Wait" and freezes Flight simulator.

After killing the sim and restarting it, the sim freezes everytime on startup while "Checking for updates".

Only deleting the downloaded Orbx LOWI Airport does fix that, so that the sim does work again.

I tried to install LOWI 5th times. Everytime the exact same result.

So whats the problem here?

Regards

Mathias

Just purchased London City airport from the in game market place and is doing exactly the same thing, not good !!!

Maybe here is the answer (found it in this forum page 4):

Quote:     

" Hi Mark as other have stated Orbx Central won't help you - it's Orbx's own proprietary software client to access their product library. If you bought in-game you would be using the Microsoft Marketplace which is Microsoft's built in software store for Microsoft Flight Simulator. Orbx publish titles to the Microsoft Marketplace as well as there own Orbx Central platform.

I bought the products in the Microsoft Marketplace as well, the products take a little while to download but should show as installed once they are ready to be seen in game. 

Edited Tuesday at 01:14 AM by dtrjones  

"  end quote.

Hi

Orbx has no control of the MS market place purchases.

And the MS marketplace has no link or control of products purchased using Orbx Central or Direct.

If you purchased your product from the MS market place you will need to contact them for support.

35 minutes ago, Daaave said:

Exactly the same problem for me with Leeds Bradford Airport.

Don't think I'll be buying Orbx products again.

Now to try and get my money back!!

You should be aware, before condemning a product that you have not yet even installed, that the product delivery system

with which you are having trouble is the Microsoft Markretplace, something over which Orbx has no control.

Here is the link you require: https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

It is perfectly possible to buy products from Orbx Direct, something that Orbx have complete control over.

29 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

You should be aware, before condemning a product that you have not yet even installed, that the product delivery system

with which you are having trouble is the Microsoft Markretplace, something over which Orbx has no control.

Although true, it does seem a little dismissive to take this view?  Orbx have decided to make their products available via the Market Place so they have a joint responsibility with Microsoft to make sure that their products install and function correctly if bought through that route?   If Orbx aren't happy about the joint aspect then perhaps they should withdraw their products from the in sim store and only supply direct?

It would be good to hear the views of the Orbx dev team on this?

42 minutes ago, cardconvict said:

I love how the microsoft fs2020 forum says goto Orbx forum and Orbx says goto microsoft forum. Washing hands without even investigating is great support.

Hello,

There are two means of buying Orbx products for Microsoft Flight Simulator.

1. Use the Microsoft in game Marketplace.

2. Use Orbx Direct.

The two purchasing and installation mediums are not connected in any way at all.

This means that:

1. a) The Micrososft Zendesk cannot help problems with product installations with Orbx Central.

b) They can help with problems with product installations of Orbx products using the Microsoft Marketplace.

2. a) Orbx product support cannot help with product installation problems encountered using the Microsoft Marketplace.

b) Orbx product support can help with problems installing Orbx products using Orbx Central.

3.    Orbx product support can help with reported problems with successfully installed products using either medium.

None of this amounts even slightly to hand washing.

If this is not yet clear enough, for years, many products have been available from other, more traditional online retailers.

Purely as an example, Aerosoft cannot help with the installation of a product purchased from, again purely for example, SimMarket.

Equally, SimMarket cannot help with the installation of a product purchased from Aerosoft.

SimMarket can help with the installation of a product purchased from SimMarket and of course,

Aerosoft can help with with the installation of a product bought at Aerosoft.

It is also customary for retailers in both cases to provide a link to the developer of the product for support for problems

encountered after installation.

In that respect, the two new systems of purchasing products work in exactly the same way.

2 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

None of this amounts even slightly to hand washing.

I'm in the same boat. I bought a product from Orbx through the in-sim market place and I'm unable to install it. I learned from the Microsoft Forums that I should reach out to Orbx. Here I learn that I will not receive any help either.

When offering products through a particular delivery system, i.e. the in-sim store in this case, it should be in Orbx's own interest to make sure that it also works, or at least advise customers to stay away from it and no longer offer it in the in-game store. 

Just saying "that sounds like a you problem", might be technically correct, but it doesn't help Orbx's customers nor will it encourage them to come back.

This whole experience has left me stranded and extremely frustrated, so while you can make the argument that this isn't a problem that concerns you, it doesn't stop me from staying away from buying any Orbx products in the market place in the future either. 

Hello Bobbie E Ray,

if you buy from Microsoft, you are a Microsoft customer for the purposes of the purchase and delivery of the product.

Of course it is in Orbx's interests that the sale and delivery goes through without a hitch but Orbx have no control over the

Microsoft Marketplace delivery system.

If Microsoft Marketplace are directing you here because you have told them that the product does not work, then that is

perfectly correct.

If they send you here after you told them that you cannot even install it, then that is not the correct course of action.

You have told us that you cannot even install it.

What did you tell them?

Thanks, I suggest to end it here. I fully understand the logic of your argument and you're absolutely right, but this doesn't stop me from staying away from Orbx in the future. This is less about the fact that I cannot use your product in the first place, but rather about the way how you treat your customers.

The fact of the matter is that I'm a customer that bought an Orbx product and instead of offering any kind of support, or even the slightest bit of empathy, you spend your time lecturing us on analogies...in a very condescending manner I might add...and how this isn't an issue that should concern you. Thank you, but I had enough! 

Well it seems that more customers have problems with the delivery company (Microsoft). If I were the supplier, I would take these complaints very seriously and contact the delivery company what is going on. And in the worst case scenario, withdraw the products from this platform.

Hello Bobbie,

unfortunately, we have a situation where we cannot offer any support because to do so is outside our control.

I regret that you are unable to download and use your purchased product from the Microsoft Store.

My advice to you in your circumstances would be to request a refund from the Microsoft Store on the basis of

non-delivery of what you ordered, assuming that you have already asked them for support for that non-delivery

and been redirected here.

I had no intention to be condescending and you will see that I have removed the analogy.

However, I have answered this question in detail and understood from your question that my explanation to "cardconvict"

in post 10 was not clear enough. I was trying to make it more clear.

Hello,

While this is not the correct place to request for help, I would like to inform Orbx team members that I am also having issues with the delivery system that is the Microsoft Marketplace, specifically regarding the LOWI Innsbruck Airport.  The download and installation looks like it went through fine, and the content manager is showing the LOWI package. However, the default scenery is still in place after multiple restarts. Due to my own ignorance, I am not sure what the final folder structure of the product would look like, but I am guessing there is an issue with the integrity of the delivered product.  

I will continue to reach out to Microsoft, but I did think it was important for you to be aware of this issue.

Thank you for your time.

Nick

I am just a punter spending my hard earned cash on an in game purchase that doesn't

work. That product has Orbx stamped all over it. All I get in response to my support enquiry is it's not our fault follow this useless link.

Hi all - same here can't get it to install. Downloaded it a number of times and it gets stuck in "waiting" every time. I opened a ticket with Microsoft Zendesk. They've sent an auto reply saying "Please check our forums" and set the ticket to "solved" right after :) So I was hoping to find an answer here.

I think it should be in Orbx's own, best interest to reach out to MS and to ask them to fix this. Most new users will just go ahead and buy it from the sim market place. I didn't even know, e.g. that you could buy it from Orbx directly.

Hi all, we are aware that the Microsoft Marketplace went through some infrastructure updates this past week, hence the delay in updates/new content.

I note on the official MSFS forums of users having the same problem with other vendors and we have passed on the concerns to MS.

39 minutes ago, cardconvict said:

Requested a refund and will be buying direct from Orbx this time around.

Just out of curiosity, how did you request a refund? I was looking into it as well, but I couldn't seem to find any option in my order history. After this experience, it's fair to say that I prefer to buy from Orbx directly as well.

1 hour ago, FinnurHolgersson said:

Just out of curiosity, how did you request a refund? I was looking into it as well, but I couldn't seem to find any option in my order history. After this experience, it's fair to say that I prefer to buy from Orbx directly as well.

https://support.xbox.com/help/subscriptions-billing/manage-subscriptions/digital-goods-subscriptions-refund

Ok I looked into the terms and it appears that if you bought it through the in sim store you're screwed. The terms and conditions read,

Digital goods like apps, games, add-on content, subscriptions, movies, TV shows, and books aren't returnable unless the offer or applicable law states that you're eligible for a refund.

19 minutes ago, FinnurHolgersson said:

Ok I looked into the terms and it appears that if you bought it through the in sim store you're screwed. The terms and conditions read,

Digital goods like apps, games, add-on content, subscriptions, movies, TV shows, and books aren't returnable unless the offer or applicable law states that you're eligible for a refund.

I believe that would only apply if the in app purchase was successful. In this case it isn’t so you should be entitled to the refund. MS are aware of issues with their marketplace at the moment so I don’t see any issues with them providing a refund. 

One other thing you could try is disabling MS Defender during the installation of the add on as this has also been an issue for some. 

Downloaded Landmarks London City Pack from Microsoft Marketplace. It downloads then gets stuck at waiting. Then the entire application hangs forever. All subsequent attempts to load Flight Sim get stuck at "Checking for Updates". This breaks my entire game, and forces me to delete the package for London City Pack.

I attempted to download it again, and same result. I paid $9 to break my game. I just want to see the London Eye.

Delete: C:\Users\[Name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\Offical\Steam\Orbx-landsmarks-london-city-pack\ to "fix".

:(

6 hours ago, Donka said:

I believe that would only apply if the in app purchase was successful. In this case it isn’t so you should be entitled to the refund. MS are aware of issues with their marketplace at the moment so I don’t see any issues with them providing a refund. 

One other thing you could try is disabling MS Defender during the installation of the add on as this has also been an issue for some. 

Just tried this and it did not work unfortunately. Also disabled anti virus just in case.

image.thumb.png.9e8b3288591641302a10922d55f68a00.pngGot a refund from Microsoft and decided to purchase from Orbx direct to run into another issue, Download speed WTF. Can someone help me with this as its a joke at this download speed. defender turned off, rebooted and turned of antivirus to still download the files at 14.22KB/s. My internet speed is 75mB/S

13 minutes ago, cardconvict said:

rebooted and turned of antivirus

You could try a reboot of your router.

Here is a post by Nick to check the Orbx servers.

you can check the health of the Orbx "servers" at any point at this link.

Then you will know if the problem is yours, ours, both or neither.

Nick

https://status.orbxsystems.com/

11 hours ago, Brute Force said:

Just a FYI
I've fallen in the same trap with the MS store delivery not working for Orbx LOWI. My purchase was through Steam and I requested a refund. Looks like it's going to be a fun ride ;D

Same with me, I requested a refund too. Here is the answer I received

"We cannot grant a refund at this time. In-game item purchases are not refundable if any items in the purchase have been consumed, modified, or transferred."

Last time I purchased something over Steam

Archived