The beauty of TE North California - part 2

Dario

12 hours ago, FlyBlueSkies said:

I wish we had the HD option for P3D...

Initially, there were not SD/HD options for XP11. The point is that the sceneries can get really big in XP11. Orbx created the SD option to tackle this issue, thus requiring less disk space and providing faster loading times. I read somewhere that, in P3D, the storage is more efficient. I do not have technical knowledge about it, but from what I read that’s why Orbx didn’t need to create a downsized (SD) version of the sceneries for P3D. 

10 hours ago, BradB said:

Excellent shots Dario !! .

Thank you very much, John! :) 

7 hours ago, musterpilot said:

Top set of shots

John

Thank you very much, John! :) 

6 hours ago, lauriebe said:

Another excellent set Dario.

Thank you very much, Laurie! :) 

1 hour ago, Dario said:

Initially, there were not SD/HD options for XP11. The point is that the sceneries can get really big in XP11. Orbx created the SD option to tackle this issue, thus requiring less disk space and providing faster loading times. I read somewhere that, in P3D, the storage is more efficient. I do not have technical knowledge about it, but from what I read that’s why Orbx didn’t need to create a downsized (SD) version of the sceneries for P3D. 

That makes sense. I did just take a look and the file names in P3D have LOD15 in them...I would assume this means the PR is at a LOD15. As I don't have NCA for XP11, I'm not sure what LOD the HD version has...

1 hour ago, FlyBlueSkies said:

That makes sense. I did just take a look and the file names in P3D have LOD15 in them...I would assume this means the PR is at a LOD15. As I don't have NCA for XP11, I'm not sure what LOD the HD version has...

Hmmm, now I think we got the answer. 
In the internet, I found out that “LOD15 means 1.2m per pixel ”.

Orbx informs that the SD version of TE Washington for XP11 “uses 2.4m/pixel (ZL16) ”.

The HD sceneries use 1.2m/pixel (ZL17) orthoimagery.

So the P3D version is HD :) 

What they don’t have is an SD version for P3D. But probably the graphics settings sliders are able to do this job. 

6 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

The Orbx scenery in XP is so detailed.  I wish P3D could look like this.

It is indeed super detailed, Jack! I am not sure if P3D can reach this level of detail. On my pc I get better visual results with XP11. And now XP11 did important progresses on realism (Xp Realistic V2) and on FPS, with Vulkan. 

I still love P3D, though, and some months ago you gave the best definition I ever read about it: “P3D is meat with bones”. :) 

On 6/22/2020 at 11:12 AM, Tony Wroblewski said:

Really nice shots Dario, very atmospheric as well

Thank you very much, Tony! These shots are possible because you and your team produced these masterpieces. 

21 hours ago, Eberhard Haberkorn said:

Great looking images!

Thank you very much, Eberhard! 

• 2 weeks later...

Splendid shots Dario

Thanks a lot for sharing, very helpful

If you would had not have them all already, which one would you buy first, Washington or North California? which one do you consider has impressed you most?

I felt in love with Oregon and I'm considering these two but getting both now is expensive for me, mainly in my forth month unemployed.

Regards

Carlos

Archived