Flightseeing in Orlando

Stillwater

Some touistic attractions have been placed in the humid surroundings of Orlando. A big Disney World, for example.

OCP4LtA.jpg

The huge parking lots remind me of the old times when mass meetings of people have been possible.  They also remind me of high prices and even higher "VIP" prices for "skip-the-line" entry. While the real VIPs not pay at all but really skip all lines. I have never been too interested in that commercial tourism, or does one say it is worth it?

qmwQli1.jpg

You may also visit the Universal studios here.

EKPgCyN.jpg

Or Lockheed Martin. My map says they should be here, but which building is it?

W3kcE99.jpg

KMCO, a great design for an airport. Very quick for the passanger and easy to get an overview.

bhunwxr.jpg

Just about an hours drive to the east coast is Palm Bay. I once had a business trip down there...

11A4PgR.jpg

... and was surprised to see Melbourne International airport just next door.

ELlyyay.jpg

A wonderful tour around Orlando Gerold, and like you I am not too much into the likes of Disneyland.

We have one here in Canberra but very few worthwhile attractions in it as far as I can make out!;)

4 hours ago, lauriebe said:

Very nice set Gerold.

Thank you Laurie!

3 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Fine set of shots.

cheers

Iain

Thanks Iain.

2 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

A wonderful tour around Orlando Gerold, and like you I am not too much into the likes of Disneyland.

We have one here in Canberra but very few worthwhile attractions in it as far as I can make out!;)

Thanks for both: watching and discussing about Disneylands. I am keen to learn what y´all think...!

4 hours ago, lifejogger said:

Super shots of the Orlando area!!!!  My thoughts on Disney World is it is a place you stand in line for two hours waiting to ride a two minute ride.:huh:

Thank you for the comment, John. Your thought is not working like a magnet to me....

Terrific shots Gerold. :)   Disney and other commercial places are fine if you don't mind crowds and standing in line for hours for something that lasts for a couple of minutes, not to mention the heat..  

10 hours ago, Laurie Doering said:

Yes, memories of the lineups at DisneyLand in Orlando! You captured some great perspectives!

Thank you, Laurie! Always good to have some nice memories...

10 hours ago, adambar said:

Terrific shots Gerold. :)   Disney and other commercial places are fine if you don't mind crowds and standing in line for hours for something that lasts for a couple of minutes, not to mention the heat..  

Thanks Adam! Well, I DO mind that, and especially the heat. Probably my lack of interest in that will persist...

48 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Delightful!  I have many fine memories of Disney-world.  And not to worry, those days will be back again, the Spanish Flu is gone isn't it?  This will be too, in due time.

Thanks Jack. You are the first motivated-queue-liner I meet :rolleyes:!

Archived