Keep on rockin´!

There are seven photoreal areas included in OLC Africa, and this flight from Timbouctou will finish this list for me.

qf2Sw6h.jpg

First I crossed the Niger river again, ...

hf6wkdt.jpg

... southwards over Mali´s deserts. The country is not as peaceful as it seems in the sim, it suffers from terrorism. French and German soldiers are on duty there for many years now, keep my fingers crossed they all return safe. BTW: This is the only paved road in this part of Mali.

3RlKFHC.jpg

Boni village below...

Mz53ceS.jpg

.. and the Boni Rocks ahead.

vyZabST.jpg

A nice addition, indeed. 

dy5qiCs.jpg

160 miles further south, in Burkina Faso, we turned into final...

wjVydTq.jpg

... over the city of Ougadougou...

F2TwM99.jpg

78cqnW1.jpg

... and towards the international airport. At least some houses to be seen there, maybe even a pub?

M2creGG.jpg

I was expecting these rocks to be on the Clyde, I have been robbed!

Top class set Gerold, I had my first flight in Africa this evening and quite enjoyed it but it is rather flat around Cairo.

2 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Grand set of shots Gerold.

cheers

Iain

Thank you Iain!

1 hour ago, VH-KDK said:

I was expecting these rocks to be on the Clyde, I have been robbed!

Top class set Gerold, I had my first flight in Africa this evening and quite enjoyed it but it is rather flat around Cairo.

Some people even have rocks in their whisky - I won´t ever.

Have fun exploring a new continent, Marty - I expect it is as unknown to you as it was for me. There are already some suggestions on this forum - or you just go by some maps or your old school atlas!

55 minutes ago, Hauer said:

Excellent series... those Boni Rocks certainly look impressive a low altitude, Gerold.

Herman :rolleyes:

Thanks Herman. These photoreal additions are another cherry on the OLC cake.

44 minutes ago, flyingleaf said:

Great shots Gerold. Interesting as always. Hope y'all find that pub. Looks mighty dry over there:P:D

You got the key point here, from a real pilots view. At least there should be some cold beer around, and - please - in a closed bottle or can.

42 minutes ago, BradB said:

I've learned quite a bit of the geography of Africa Gerold from your posts , keep up the good work . :):)

Thank you John. You may guess how much I learned about the geography (and a bit about politics) of Africa during these flights!

Archived