Congratulations and question

carlosqr

Hi

Congratulations Orbx for this new partnership which I think you might be about to announce too

5Hyx92d.jpg

I have their Edmonton and for sure will get their Vancouver.

I would like to know which would be the procedure to fallow with Edmonton once it shows in Orbx because I don't like blanks in my Central

Do I have to uninstall it and then install through Orbx or just by putting the license "somewhere" will show as active in Central?

I don't know how soon this would happen but just would like to know in advance what I need to do

I remember that with the 747 effects I had to go to Old pro site and put my license in an opening window to transfer to Orbx... would it be something similar or how is it planned to be?

Which other partnerships are you working on? this seems very interesting to me, it's a lot easier and most preferred to install through Orbx, to have all "centralized"

Cheers

Carlos

• 2 weeks later...

FSimStudios will be letting their customers know how, so you will need to wait for that.

If you want to install the airports via OrbxCentral, you will need to uninstall the FSimStudios installations. Note that this is not required, if the product is working for you, you do not need to do this.

40 minutes ago, Ed Correia said:

FSimStudios will be letting their customers know how, so you will need to wait for that.

If you want to install the airports via OrbxCentral, you will need to uninstall the FSimStudios installations. Note that this is not required, if the product is working for you, you do not need to do this.

Thank you Ed

I rather have all through Orbx besides I don't like blanks in my Central (when possible)

Thank you very much for replying

Cheers

Carlos

Agreed

and the procedure is very simple

Kelowna CYLW and Edmonton CYEG are now available on Orbx!

As announced before, we have partnered with Orbx for the distribution of our products. Current customers of Kelowna and Edmonton have the option of getting their licenses migrated to Orbx for no cost.

To get your license migrated:
1. FIRST UNINSTALL ALL VERSIONS OF THE PRODUCT FROM YOUR SYSTEM.

2. Follow these steps to redeem your key:
https://support.orbxdirect.com/…/en-us/articles/360001542775

3. Install through Orbx Central.

Note that your SimMarket Key or FSimStudios.com key will be valid for license migration.

Chers

carlos

This is good - I was planning to add these two at some point.  Hope they do Calgary some day - wait, they already have.  Maybe they need to update it?  Hoping to get that as well.

I own Panama City from FSimStudios so I wonder if that will also be migrated over to Orbx.  Not a burning question, since it is installed and working, but curious.

EDIT:  Read the announcement more carefully - products developed before Edmonton won't be affected.  That's a bummer.

Congrats on the new partnership, Orbx seems to expanding alot these day.

Just watch out for Orbx NRM region updates as the last one they had messed up both Kelowna & Edmonton airports from FSSimStudios.

This is my #1 issue with Orbx, they tend to overwrite any changes the installer makes when installing these airport. Hopefully with the new partnership they fix this issue.

Anyway I can't wait for the new Vancouver coming soon & the updated Calgary airports after that ;-)

5 hours ago, Ripcord said:

This is good - I was planning to add these two at some point.  Hope they do Calgary some day - wait, they already have.  Maybe they need to update it?  Hoping to get that as well.

I own Panama City from FSimStudios so I wonder if that will also be migrated over to Orbx.  Not a burning question, since it is installed and working, but curious.

EDIT:  Read the announcement more carefully - products developed before Edmonton won't be affected.  That's a bummer.

Hi Ripcord

I asked Gabriel from FSS a few questions ( including Cancun)

Dated 16 June

So far the agreement does not cover Cancun for a number of reasons. We are still looking at the possibility,

Plus:

Dated 26 April

Given the circumstances and some issues that we have encountered converting our products to P3D v5, we have decided a few things:

MMUN, MPTO and CYQB will be converted to P3D v5. We won't be updating CYYC or CYTZ anymore, for a few reasons. Both of these airports were developed with FSX in mind and are now very old and outdated, especially in terms of quality. With the upcoming remake of Calgary, which is being developed for P3D v5 and future platforms, being released in a few months from now, we've decided not to update the original release of CYYC anymore.

MPTO and CYQB for P3D v5 are being released tomorrow, MMUN will follow shortly after. We are still working on converting a few things to the new P3D v5 SDK for Cancun.

Cheers

Carlos

44 minutes ago, Mach3 said:

Congrats on the new partnership, Orbx seems to expanding alot these day.

Just watch out for Orbx NRM region updates as the last one they had messed up both Kelowna & Edmonton airports from FSSimStudios.

This is my #1 issue with Orbx, they tend to overwrite any changes the installer makes when installing these airport. Hopefully with the new partnership they fix this issue.

Anyway I can't wait for the new Vancouver coming soon & the updated Calgary airports after that ;-)

Orbx Central is disabling the required files in NRM using our "disable mutations" feature, so any updates to NRM will not enable those files.

17 hours ago, Ed Correia said:

Orbx Central is disabling the required files in NRM using our "disable mutations" feature, so any updates to NRM will not enable those files.

Hopefully this works better now as the last NRM update messed up these airports for me, I ended up manually disabling the Orbx airport to get the FSimStudios ones back. 

Is this feature going to work with other regions at 3rd party airports as I have the same issue at Flightbeam KPDX using the PNW region ?

1 hour ago, Mach3 said:

Hopefully this works better now as the last NRM update messed up these airports for me, I ended up manually disabling the Orbx airport to get the FSimStudios ones back. 

Is this feature going to work with other regions at 3rd party airports as I have the same issue at Flightbeam KPDX using the PNW region ?

Hi

I don't think so. It is for the partners that only sell through Orbx I would say.

If you are having issues with KPDX just run the troubleshoot tool withing their manager. They have implemented an amazing tool (all third pty developers should implement it :) )

A list with conflict bgls will be displayed. All in red when you have not disabled them

4WeoHx3.jpg

Just move the slider to the right for each one and you'll be in full compatible mode with Orbx, they will show in green

KiZOnla.jpg

Cheers

Carlos

I do realize that tools like this are there & does work most of the time. I have just disabled selected regions but it still annoying that more add-ons makers can't work together to solve this problem without us having to remember what's been updated may have effected.

Anyway let's end this here & hope things work better in the future

Archived