GLOBAL VECTOR Auto Configuration Failed

I'm noting this because the previous post is considered resolved and I have the same problem when I try to run it to update airport elevations. I did a lot of updates over the weekend from Orbx and installed some new Orbx airports as well. I've been flying all over Africa since it was released and I just installed the Africa Mesh and Photoreal as well. I noticed tonight when I flew into Overberg (FAOB) some of the runways were under the mesh and there mile high elevation spikes at the airport. I have MAIW airbases installed as well and that's one of the "upgraded" airports. Anyway, as a result of the spikes and elevations glitches I tried to run the auto-configure and received the error.

Thanks,

Ken

Hi I believe I also have the Vector error ( Vector Auto Configuration has failed to complete).  I always run Vector Auto Configuration after any scenery installs or changes and have never had a problem with it for many years.  My system has been stable and fine. After applying the Orbx updates to sceneries issued a couple of days ago (mostly PNW airports I think) I reran Vector as usual but this time got the error.  Have verified Vector, restarted P3d and Orbx Central  many times but the error persists. 

I’m running P3d 4.5 hotfix 3. 

Any help to solve the problem appreciated.

Thanks.

Nick

Same problem here after running some Orbx updates through Orbx Central last night. Ran the elevation correction tab on the Vectors and get the same error. I've run this many times without issue. Tried deleting addon.cfg and restarted P3D. Closed it down and tried re-running correction tool, same error came up. What's changed?

Regards

Alan

Hi Guys,

the very same with me since TE US Washington install and the latest Orbx updates : the dreaded " Vector Auto Configuration has failed to complete" message is here !

Since I have a good deal of my sceneries installed the "old" way (I mean not with add-on.xml) I fear to get rid of the scenery.cfg and have to re-install everything...

Hope you can sort it out !

Try this solution, which has worked for me since whenever:  After each installation of a new airport, run the AEC tool manually, i.e., enter the new airport's code in the left-hand window of the tool, and if it pops up, transfer it over to the right-hand window and press "Apply".  Then save the correction into a profile you can name, and then exit.  Go to the airport in question and see if the correction worked.  I can't address why the "auto" mode doesn't work anymore (it used to), but the manual mode does, in my experience.

23 hours ago, springal said:

Same problem here after running some Orbx updates through Orbx Central last night. Ran the elevation correction tab on the Vectors and get the same error. I've run this many times without issue. Tried deleting addon.cfg and restarted P3D. Closed it down and tried re-running correction tool, same error came up. What's changed?

Regards

Alan

Is anybody from Orbx going to respond/acknowledge regarding this issue as it seems to be affecting a number of users?

Thanks

Alan

I'm sorry to learn others are experiencing difficulty with the Vector AEC configuration failed problem.

The only consolation I gain is that after many frustrating hours not able to correct the issue by reinstalling, etc,i turned to the forum and discover I am not alone and probably not gone crazy with frustration yet.

Hoping a clever IT person has a cure coming for the AEC issue soon.

P3D should be renamed to PC Fixit. I spend little time 'flying' and many hours resolving function issues.

I am in the process of formatting my system and reinstalling the sim.  Prior to this I migrated all my Orbx scenery to a library as I hoped this would have been for the best though did notice a massive reduction in available space on my sim SSD (backups not enabled so wasnt for that reason).  Reinstalled Windows 10, reinstalled P3Dv4.5 hf3 and installed Central.  I have verified all the sceneries, sync'd to.  Ran the sim and accepted all the Add-on notifications.  I too am getting this Vector error.  I have tried manually running the config, I also see older posts from last year asking users to test running a download of FtxVector.Configurator.1.6.6, this still fails also.  My Vector says its version 1.6.3?  I have just uninstalled the library version and re-downloading it to install into P3D folder as that used to work fine.  Unsure if it will work given others have the same problem.  Im tempted to go back to the old way of installing but dread the download time (days) due to a slow broadband connection.  Gutted to read old backups are no longer compatible.

Regards

Chris

Hi Nick

I tried running the Vector control panel direct from the file and got the same error.  My Vector configurator was 1.6.6 but I also downloaded a clean copy of 1.6.6 using the link you’d posted in the Vector support forum on Tuesday, same outcome I’m afraid. So I’m 99.99% certain it makes no difference on my system whether the Vector AEC configurator is run directly from the file or from Orbx Central.  I’m away from my PC till Monday but will check again to be 100% certain. 

Regards 

Nick

Okay, just came here through a Google search for this. Meaning I have the same problem. It is a more or less fresh P3D v4.5 installation with only Orbx stuff regarding sceneries. Plus currently only one 3rd party scenery:  the new JustSim Hamburg for P3D v4. It's a bit annoying. I had installed VECTOR again after avoiding it in my fresh installation to see if this time some strange and annoying elevation problems with "improved" airports by Orbx through their FTX series (e.g. EDAZ in Germany North or KPSP in SoCal) would be fixed. Not that I have really hopped for it.

So. After checking the event log of Windows I just noticed several logged error message. One for the application which was temporarily created by the VECTOR config tool (started outside of Orbx Central).

Application: ad0ef60c-cc46-4398-989a-3ab54f0386f7.exe
CoreCLR Version: 4.700.19.32702
.NET Core Version: 3.0.0-preview7-27912-14
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
   at Orbx.DataManager.Core.Bgl.AirportSubRecords.Runway.GetData(BinaryReader reader)
   at Orbx.DataManager.Core.Bgl.SubSections.AirportRecord.ReadSubrecords(BinaryReader reader, Int64 endSize)
   at Orbx.DataManager.Core.Bgl.SubSections.AirportRecord.GetData(BinaryReader reader)
   at Orbx.DataManager.Core.Bgl.SubSections.AirportSubsection.GetData(BinaryReader reader)
   at Orbx.DataManager.Core.Bgl.Sections.AirportSection.GetData(BinaryReader reader)
   at BetterRunways.AirportScanner.Scan()
   at BetterRunways.Program.Main(String[] args)

So it seems that the code tries to access an array or something similar for an item index which does not exist.

16 hours ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

Hi

If you have NZWR airport installed, please uninstall it and try running the tool again.

Hi Doug ,

Since I am having the same issues with FTX Global Vector configuration tool , I tried to Uninstall NZWR !

The Tool worked fine !!

Could you please tell me what is the reason and why there is a conflict with this Scenery !! 

Is there is any solution to this issue ? I definitely want my NZWR installed in my sim B)

Thank you ,

Mike

Same issue here but my solution was to make NZWR unused in Addon Organiser, run the AEC tool in Vector and then re-enblae NZWR in Addon Organiser again.

As Wez said not ideal but until Orbx come up with a fix it's quicker than uninstalling and re-installing 

G'day all. Thankyou, Doug, for your advisement re NZWR. I removed it and AEC immediately came good when run.

However, I now note that when selected, YTYA  (Tyabb in Victoria) will load but crashes seconds afterwards and the default flight commences to load. Each and every time.

NZWR and YTYA were fine for months until just a few days ago when the AEC config issue hit various pc's.

I wonder if it's related to AEC or changes being effected by P3D5 updates mucking up P3D4.5  set ups.

3 minutes ago, seavampire said:

I wonder if it's related to AEC or changes being effected by P3D5 updates mucking up P3D4.5  set ups.

I've not made the leap yet to v5 still slumming it on 4.5hf3 :)

@Nick Cooper I noticed this is marked as answered, however the "Vector Auto Configuration has failed to complete" problem is still there.

I promise I'm not trying to gee things up :) but I was concerned that this may have slipped under the radar as this issue is not what the OP oriningally posted about.

2 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Does it work with the solution posted in this topic?

Sorry Nick unless I'm missing something the only solution on here is to uninstall NZWR. Which like my suggestion is only a workaround.

• 2 weeks later...

I've got the same Error "Auto-Configuration has failed to complete" after a lot of Updates from Orbx yesterday. Reboot of system doesn't change anything so I looked for the solution here in the forum. And realy, deinstalling NZWR solves the problem, but I believe NZWR was not in the List of Updates.... How can that happen....?

As Hazza I please to bring a permanent solution WITH NZWR. Thanks, Martin

Hi all,

Can you try the following:

1. Download this build of the Vector Config Tool
  2. Go to your <Global Vector Install Directory>\Orbx\FTX_VECTOR\ folder and overwrite FTX GLOBAL VECTOR Configuration Tool.exe with the build you just downloaded.
  3. Launch it and try to run the auto-configuration.

If it works correctly, we'll package it into an update of Vector ;) 

7 hours ago, Mitchell Williamson said:

Hi all,

Can you try the following:

1. Download this build of the Vector Config Tool
  2. Go to your <Global Vector Install Directory>\Orbx\FTX_VECTOR\ folder and overwrite FTX GLOBAL VECTOR Configuration Tool.exe with the build you just downloaded.
  3. Launch it and try to run the auto-configuration.

If it works correctly, we'll package it into an update of Vector ;) 

Thanks Mitchell that worked fine for me.

• 3 months later...

Apologies to all concerned. I cannot find how to contact an administrator.

I try to message but find an announcement that I am limited to '0' messages a day. ???

I have received n unwanted disgusting message from what appears to be a member but is probably a random strike upon Orbx.

I do not use Orbx to generally communicate with any members except one gentleman who knew of an aircraft I had interest in in Victoria.

How do I block the assailant or report the issue to Orbx forum admin??

Archived