GLOBAL VECTOR Auto-Configuration failed

Hi Team,

I just installed TrueEarth US Washington and WOW - what a product!

However the reason for this post is that i get the below error when I run Global VECTOR - Configure - Airport  Elevation Corrections - Run Auto-Configuration.

It has not ever failed before. I am completely unsure how this has suddenly started happening.

P3Dv4.5 hf2 - All Orbx Products installed. Please help.

I tried disabling ESET Smart Securty Premium A/V.

Attached and below is the output of Josh Kaz Test.bat from this post#29.

Scanning BGL Files:  34596/43565  E:\Orbx\p3dv4\NZWR Whangarei Airport\Orbx\FTX_NZ\FTX_AA_NZWR\scenery\Orbx_NZWR_APX_No_Dash8.BGLUnhandled exception. System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
   at Orbx.DataManager.Core.Bgl.AirportSubRecords.Runway.GetData(BinaryReader reader)
   at Orbx.DataManager.Core.Bgl.SubSections.AirportRecord.ReadSubrecords(BinaryReader reader, Int64 endSize)
   at Orbx.DataManager.Core.Bgl.SubSections.AirportRecord.GetData(BinaryReader reader)
   at Orbx.DataManager.Core.Bgl.SubSections.AirportSubsection.GetData(BinaryReader reader)
   at Orbx.DataManager.Core.Bgl.Sections.AirportSection.GetData(BinaryReader reader)
   at BetterRunways.AirportScanner.Scan()
   at BetterRunways.Program.Main(String[] args)

nKsa6Pn.jpg

Test.bat output.txt

i found further updates this morning via Central and have updated them all. including global base and Orbx Libraries.

I even did a Global Vector Verify Files. No change - still get the dreaded Auto-Configuration failed. The only major install is TrueEarth Washinton.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers

Mario

Hi,

I did the following

1. renamed Add-ons.cfg

2. Reran P3dv4.5 HF2 and let it rebuild a new Add-ons.cfg file and closed P3D

3. Opened Orbx Central Verfied files for Orbx Libraries, Great Britain Libraries and US Libraries, TrueEarth US Washington and last, Orbx Vector.

4. Went to Orbx Central Settings - Help - clicked on Sync Simulator.

5. Closed and restarted Orbx Central. Reran Vector Configuration Tool and it still failed!

Where am I going wrong?

Please try it with just the default files.

1. renamed Add-ons.cfg files, there are two and scenery.cfg

5. Closed and restarted Orbx Central. Reran Vector Configuration Tool.

Hi Nick,

I am also receiving the "Auto-configuration has failed to complete" message when running the Airport Elevation Correction tool in the GlobalVECTOR.  I am in P3D v4.5.13.32097.  I just updated today to the latest Orbx Central and installed all the updates that were there.

Reading your advice above on how to fix it, I am not clear what happens next.  First, you rename files & let P3D rebuild.  Then, you verify whether the AEC works.  Then what?  Are the rebuilt files going to have everything in them as before?  I do not want to loose any of the setups that I currently have.

Sorry, I am not an expert in the P3D file structures.

Thanks,

Gene

16 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hi Nick,

Did the above steps and Vector Config Tool still fails.

Cheers,

M

18 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Please ignore previous note. Uninstalled Lorby-SI - It caused issues which I am still unsure on.

Hi Nick,

Did the above steps and Vector Config Tool worked! Woohooo

Gene, Just for clarity, here are the steps and allowed P3D to rebuild once started straight after.

1. Renamed these files from.cfg to .bak
add-ons.cfg (2 files)
C:\Users\mario<yourusername>\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4
C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

scenery.cfg
C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4
2. Rerun P3dv4.5 HF2 and let it rebuild a new Add-ons.cfg file and closed P3D
3. Closed and restarted Orbx Central. Reran Vector Configuration Tool - Successfully

I noticed that Orbx scenery were not picked up by P3D so opened Orbx Central - Help - clicked Sync Simulator.
Watied for that to complete. Then reran P3D.. Got dialog boxes to add Orbx Scenery.

Cheers,
M

Yep I'm with you there TnB. I too got that error box again. But I can't be bothered to fix it. All the sceneries look fine! I just upgraded to 4.5 hf3 and will just ride out the broken AEC until I move to P3Dv5 sometime in July / Aug.

Thank fully vector is not needed for P3Dv5.. not for now anyways :-)

Ok Ive done further testing on my partially reinstalled sim after a system format.  The only sceneries I currently have installed are from Orbx and they were all installed after migrating them to a library prior to formatting my pc.  The Vector tool worked fine before but after reading this thread I've found it is linked to the Add-ons.cfg in the ProgramData folder.  There is no other in my users folder.  I deleted only it (after making a copy), I did not delete the scenery.cfg but did run the sim so that it would be updated.  The elevation tool ran fine.  I manually added the first 10 entries from the backup to narrow down the issue though hadnt realised the following at the start meant all add ons were re-added:

[DiscoveryPath.0]
PATH=D:\Orbx Library\p3dv4
TITLE=Orbx My Library
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false

I set ACTIVE=false then added scenery in batches of 10 until the error returned.

On my system the following is triggering the error:

[Package.69]
PATH=D:\Orbx Library\p3dv4\NZWR Whangarei Airport
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false

If I remove it the elevation tool runs fine, if I add all subsequent scenery from the original backup the elevation tool works fine.  If I re-add that even on the end and change the Package.xx number it fails again.  Part of me is considering reinstalling everything and going back to the old method.  Im a little concerned if I continue the issue may raise its ugly head later down the line.  I am put off as my broadband only downloads at 1.1 Mbps so it takes days.  TE Netherlands takes 24 hours alone.

Chris

I encountered the same problem a few days ago: "Auto-Configuration has failed to complete", FTX GLOBAL VECTOR Configuration Tool could not complete the work!
In the past few days, I have completely removed P3D v4.5, reinstalled the main program, and then installed Orbx products one by one ... This is a huge project (payware and freeware add up 93) ). Now, I seem to find the reason!
After installing to NZWR Whangarei Airport, an error window of "Auto-Configuration has failed to complete" appears! I removed it and then run the tool to work normally; without installing NZWR Whangarei Airport, install and test other scenarios and tools one by one, everything is normal!
My current plan is to install all scenarios except NZWR Whangarei Airport, then run the FTX GLOBAL VECTOR Configuration Tool, and finally install NZWR Whangarei Airport. Of course, there must be a better way!
Provide a reference for your company's technical staff and those who have the same problem. I wish you all the best and a happy flight!

4 hours ago, Howard Chiu said:

After installing to NZWR Whangarei Airport, an error window of "Auto-Configuration has failed to complete" appears! I removed it and then run the tool to work normally; without installing NZWR Whangarei Airport, install and test other scenarios and tools one by one, everything is normal!

Thats the exact same scenery which is triggering a failure for me too. Prior to a few days ago all my scenery was installed within P3D and not in a Library so this was never an issue.

Chris

Hi all,

my Vector tool was working fine till yesterday.

Today the Orbx CENTRAL was updated to version 4.1.10, did several updates of my Orbx scenerys. Since that moment the vector tool cannot work. It stops with the message: " Auto-configuration has failed to complete."

What is the reason of this failure?

The Orbx Central update?

Best regards 

Hans

3 hours ago, hansgoller said:

Hi all,

my Vector tool was working fine till yesterday.

Today the Orbx CENTRAL was updated to version 4.1.10, did several updates of my Orbx scenerys. Since that moment the vector tool cannot work. It stops with the message: " Auto-configuration has failed to complete."

What is the reason of this failure?

The Orbx Central update?

Best regards 

Hans

Hans do you have NZWR Whangarei Airport?  That is what I discovered was triggering the error and others have confirmed too.

If its installed into the Prepar3D folder instead of the library Vector works fine.

Regards

Chris

4 hours ago, hansgoller said:

Hi all,
can anybody tell me how I can move the Whangarei airport from the library into the Prepar3D folder?

Thank you
Regards
Hans

Technically this isn't the original topic but I'll quickly answer it as best I can:

Create a folder in your Orbx FTX_NZ folder named FTX_AA_NZWR (Path might be similar to mine: P:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Orbx\FTX_NZ\FTX_AA_NZWR)

From the Library version of the airport copy the Scenery and Texture folders into this folder.

Temporarily move the Library scenery entire NZWR folder to a safe location such as Desktop.

In Orbx Central run Verify Files for NZWR.  You might have a small download if there are effects etc.  Once the airport is checked as working well, delete the original folder from its safe place.

I used this method to copy all my Airports back to the P3D folder and it seems to have worked perfectly for all of them.

Or if you prefer, simply uninstall from the Library and then Install back into the P3D folder.

Hi Chris, 

for your info:

At first I deinstalled Whangarei Airport and reinstalled it into the P3D folder.  - No change!

Then I renamed the Adons.cfg (2×) and the scenery.cfg as recommended by Nick Cooper.

Then everything worked fine.

Attn. John Dow and all other helpfull guys: Thank you very much. 

Best regards 

Hans

Archived