Lassen Volcano National Park

Several miles east of Redding CA is this small cluster of what appear to be dormant volcanic peaks - right in line with Mt Shasta and the others further north.

The little town of Chester on Lake Almanor

volc1.png

This peak is tallest at 10165'

volc2.png

volc3.png

volc4.png

Filled in with trees, it still has that volcanic outline.

volc5.png

18 minutes ago, merlinux said:

nice pics :)Always nice  to know some POIs for people like me who have never been to the USA  but who owns these sceneries!

Don't feel bad, I've lived in the U.S. for sixty seven years and never been in California.

25 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

Great peaks, OnD! And seen with no earthquake or fire risk.

Don´t you call them thongs, mate?

Believe me Gerold, with the state of some of the streets there you definitely need gum boots. Thongs are definitely no good.

2 minutes ago, olderndirt said:

I understand Seattle's having a similar problem - haven't been up there in quite a while.

We were going into Seattle when I was there but my brother took ill so instead I was taken to Mount Rainier. I think I am glad my brother got sick as all the forests and scenery were much more interesting to me than the city.

1 hour ago, VH-KDK said:

We were going into Seattle when I was there but my brother took ill so instead I was taken to Mount Rainier. I think I am glad my brother got sick as all the forests and scenery were much more interesting to me than the city.

If they'd piled more rocks on Rainier she have been taller than Mt Whitney (tallest in south 48) - they're that close.

37 minutes ago, olderndirt said:

If they'd piled more rocks on Rainier she have been taller than Mt Whitney (tallest in south 48) - they're that close.

Less than 100 feet.

I can now go back to sleep as I have learned my one interesting thing for today!:)

Archived