TE US Washington first impressions

dfloth

Greetings all,

Just installed TE US Washington after unloading all other Washington scenery to get a baseline on system impact and over all visual impact of this new scenery.

After spending about an hour checking out the Renton to Tacoma area there seems to be no more system impact then the prior PNW scenery and the visuals are great

Although I have a lot more to discover including integration with add on scenery, I can already say TE US Washington is an outstanding improvement over the prior PNW scenery!

Thanks Orbx for all you do for our hobby!

Cheers,
D-Man

Seattle Wa.

23 minutes ago, dfloth said:

Greetings all,

Just installed TE US Washington after unloading all other Washington scenery to get a baseline on system impact and over all visual impact of this new scenery.

After spending about an hour checking out the Renton to Tacoma area there seems to be no more system impact then the prior PNW scenery and the visuals are great

Although I have a lot more to discover including integration with add on scenery, I can already say TE US Washington is an outstanding improvement over the prior PNW scenery!

Thanks Orbx for all you do for our hobby!

Cheers,
D-Man

Seattle Wa.

Are you running it in v4.5?  If so...can you please post shots of Larry's freeware properties as well as shots of any of the PNW Ferries sites...thanks. I'm waiting for that visual...

2 hours ago, Orbx Flyer said:

Are you running it in v4.5?  If so...can you please post shots of Larry's freeware properties as well as shots of any of the PNW Ferries sites...thanks. I'm waiting for that visual...

I'm running V5 but perhaps someone else will post the images you're looking for.

Cheers!

1 hour ago, JohnE77 said:

Was surprised to see that Vancouver, WA and surrounding areas were not included in TE Washington. Guess they will be in TE Oregon if that’s in the works?

There is a GE .kmz file at the bottom of the TE US WA P3Dv4+ release announcement that clearly shows the borders of the TE US WA and Oregon sceneries.  Vancouver, WA is definitely in the TE US Oregon scenery which should be coming shortly.  I think Sascha's team was working on them both in parallel.  

Rod

2 hours ago, Mikael Cedergren said:

Compatibility with the old Orbx PNW airports is frankly rather terrible. They are much lighter in color compared to TE Washington. To call them compatible is a stretch in my opinion. Very distracting when flying in to them seeing the color variation.

So, I imagine then, that any made-for-color-pallet-match, for PNW Landclass properties including any of Larry's efforts would suffer the same 'in your face', surrounded by T.E. P3D Washington.  Thanks, for your observations.

Much appreciated.   

3 hours ago, Mikael Cedergren said:

They are much lighter in color compared to TE Washington.

Could you take a couple of screenshots of this and link them, please?
I can accept some variation, so it would be nice to see for myself.

F737NG, see my topic in the P3dv4 Support forum for screenshots. After I took those however I found many much worse. Compare Skagit Regional for example, all green in Orbx KBVS but dark green with hint of automn orange in TE, just so distracting that the immersion of flying gets lost using them together.

i dont want to spoil it for anyone and without the old Orbx airports TE Washington is probably just fine so I urge everyone to judge for themselves and everyone might not be as picky as I am either,. Personally however  I regret my purchase at this time and I have been a loyal Orbx customer for many many years.

7 hours ago, Mikael Cedergren said:

Compatibility with the old Orbx PNW airports is frankly rather terrible. They are much lighter in color compared to TE Washington. To call them compatible is a stretch in my opinion. Very distracting when flying in to them seeing the color variation.

Did you install the updates for all the Orbx airports in the area which were released at the same time?  I assume they were for TE compatibility.

14 hours ago, stiletto2 said:

There is a GE .kmz file at the bottom of the TE US WA P3Dv4+ release announcement that clearly shows the borders of the TE US WA and Oregon sceneries.  Vancouver, WA is definitely in the TE US Oregon scenery which should be coming shortly.  I think Sascha's team was working on them both in parallel.  

Rod

Rod,

I just checked the file and I do not see Vancouver as part of the red box. 

Jose

I believe there is a separate work in progress in relation to the Vancouver area which is a bit north of TE WA (maybe a cityscene?). Holger Sandmann commented on this recently:

On 4/20/2020 at 11:47 PM, Holger Sandmann said:

Hi Michael,

indeed, it currently is missing. In P3Dv5 the old default model got replaced by a generic extrusion bridge (!?!), which the PNW exclude files (thankfully) remove.

The good news is that we're working on a custom solution for not just the Lions Gate Bridge but also all the other landmark bridges in PNW's Vancouver area -- stay tuned!

Cheers, Holger

11 hours ago, Mikael Cedergren said:

F737NG, see my topic in the P3dv4 Support forum for screenshots. After I took those however I found many much worse. Compare Skagit Regional for example, all green in Orbx KBVS but dark green with hint of automn orange in TE, just so distracting that the immersion of flying gets lost using them together.

i dont want to spoil it for anyone and without the old Orbx airports TE Washington is probably just fine so I urge everyone to judge for themselves and everyone might not be as picky as I am either,. Personally however  I regret my purchase at this time and I have been a loyal Orbx customer for many many years.

So, from what you are typing...if you were let's say ( I know this is not a 'fix'...) to uninstall all your purchased PNW airports, then whatever airport CAME with T.E. Wash for P3D would, (you'd think...) be blended to the surroundings, right?  I know that this is not a permanent solution to your angst....

4 hours ago, JoseCFII said:

Rod,

I just checked the file and I do not see Vancouver as part of the red box. 

Jose

Hi Jose, 

You probably missed that JohnE77 's post on the subject and my response were talking about Vancouver, Washington.  I agree that Vancouver, B.C. is not inside the TE US Washington boundaries.

Rod

Archived