The most tax friendly city.

VH-KDK

In the US, according to Kiplinger.

8.6iqrkhG.jpg

With a population of 280,000, Anchorage has roughly 40% of Alaska's population living here.

9.kZsKGdH.jpg

Tokyo is almost as close to Anchorage as New York and with it's location it is the 4th busiest cargo airport in the world.

10.ONqDhz9.jpg

With an area of 1706 sq miles Anchorage is the fourth larges US city by size and larger than the State of Rhode Island

11.YZRWcNO.jpg

The Port of Anchorage receives 95% of all goods bound for Alaska!

8 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

Great shots of Panama, though it looks quite cold today!

Great shots of London, though it looks so rural today!

Great shots of Guernsey, though is looks so big today!

Thanks Gerold, but this has gone right over my head!:huh:

Another thought now, something to do with tax havens although I can only think that London would be a taxing place to live these days.

40 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

Thanks Gerold, but this has gone right over my head!:huh:

Another thought now, something to do with tax havens although I can only think that London would be a taxing place to live these days.

Nono, my comment was not about taxi driving (where London is a good place, too). It was about places where our lovely global enterprises avoid much of taxes, so that we small people can pay the community services alone. But that is strictly politic, not flight-sim-related...

Great set of shots, Martyn.

How are you finding v5? It looks like you're getting a few of the old favourites like big head working well in it (from another post I saw). I'm still setting everything up, like you I have a humungous hangar full of planes I need to check out. Looking at these pics, is that the Alabeo Piper Aztec? I couldn't get most of my Alabeo or Carenado stuff to load properly - I guess there's a DX12 issue with the material rendering used, but this looks like you've got it working ok?

9 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

Nono, my comment was not about taxi driving (where London is a good place, too). It was about places where our lovely global enterprises avoid much of taxes, so that we small people can pay the community services alone. But that is strictly politic, not flight-sim-related...

Funny I was just thinking about the big corporations that don't pay tax leaving the little man to carry the burden.

Peel away the veneer and life is great isn't it and now some scientist "expert" warns of a 3rd wave of Wuhan Virus.

5 minutes ago, andy1252 said:

Great set of shots, Martyn.

How are you finding v5? It looks like you're getting a few of the old favourites like big head working well in it (from another post I saw). I'm still setting everything up, like you I have a humungous hangar full of planes I need to check out. Looking at these pics, is that the Alabeo Piper Aztec? I couldn't get most of my Alabeo or Carenado stuff to load properly - I guess there's a DX12 issue with the material rendering used, but this looks like you've got it working ok?

Thanks Andy.

I am finding it very good although I haven't done any tinkering .

I have only had my paramotor fail to load but there again I haven't tried to load too many.

Carenado and the one Alabeo have all been ok. I think it was JohnB who gave the advise on their planes which was to press the P3Dv4 button on installation and then browse and bring up P3Dv5 as the location to load it. Hope that makes sense.

I have the old Real Air Champion set installed too although that was already installed into a separate folder from when I loaded it into V4. A copy and paste job.

As I am still running V4 it is not imperative that I copy everything over but just a few favourites for the time being.

10 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

Thanks Andy.

I am finding it very good although I haven't done any tinkering .

I have only had my paramotor fail to load but there again I haven't tried to load too many.

Carenado and the one Alabeo have all been ok. I think it was JohnB who gave the advise on their planes which was to press the P3Dv4 button on installation and then browse and bring up P3Dv5 as the location to load it. Hope that makes sense.

I have the old Real Air Champion set installed too although that was already installed into a separate folder from when I loaded it into V4. A copy and paste job.

As I am still running V4 it is not imperative that I copy everything over but just a few favourites for the time being.

Ah, it sounds like I may need to try actually re-installing those aircraft then. I was just jury-rigging them to work via the pre-existing V4 installation. That took long enough but I guess I'm not finished yet! Thanks for the info. Oddly enough, the paramotor went over ok on my system. The joys of computing eh? So far I've been working through - new machine, install new Win10, copy around 24tb data across, reinstall/rig up about 10 sims (P3D3/4/5, 2 x XP11, XP10, FSX, AFS and AFS2 plus all the other Steam sims like FSW etc) and then getting a ton of scenery and aircraft checked out and reinstalled into v5. If I hadn't have been white haired before I started I certainly would be by now. The XP stuff was an absolute doddle - just install fresh copies and then copy my old installations over the new ones. The joys of a truly self-contained system. Likewise the Steam stuff, although I haven't gone back to really set up FSX again yet. But P3D . . . what a shambles. Way too complex with far too many configuration files under the covers. Still, it's coming together.

7 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Great shots of Panama, though it looks quite cold today!

Great shots of London, though it looks so rural today!

Great shots of Guernsey, though is looks so big today!

Forgot to take his pills today. :D

I recognize that place - my old house is in one of your shots.  The oil money has made Alaska very tax friendly for a long time.  Former governor Jay Hammond protected the windfall from politicians - that's why it lasted.  Another plus - no sales tax in the Anchorage Borough which includes Eagle River and Girdwood.   In spite of all that, a fine set of shots - wish that scenery was TE for XP :)

Archived