Stunning Socal

Congratulations to the team for TE Socal.

It's absolutely stunning in XP11.

These shots were taken on a flight from Bakersfield to Death Valley.

After months of wavering about persisting with P3D4 I have decided the future lies with XP11 and Orbx TE sceneries, not to mention some of the marvellous freeware ortho scenery that's available elsewhere.

So goodbye P3D - its nice been knowing you.

Eclipse_NG - 2020-05-11 17.25.35.png

Eclipse_NG - 2020-05-11 17.37.23.png

Eclipse_NG - 2020-05-11 17.33.03.png

Eclipse_NG - 2020-05-11 17.26.06.png

Eclipse_NG - 2020-05-11 17.32.19.png

19 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Excellent images Rod.

I am still enjoying P3D and I have far too much stuff invested to bin it!:D

Thanks VH-KDK.

I'm in the same boat regarding P3D but I've decided to bite the bullet.

IMHO XP11 and Orbx TE are in a class of their own and there's no going back!

19 hours ago, mikee said:

Wonderful Shots Rod !

Thanks mikee - much appreciated.

18 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Great shots these Rod.

cheers

Iain

Thank you Iain - always nice to get praise from the master.

17 hours ago, Eberhard Haberkorn said:

Absolute wonderful shots of such a beautiful area, form the air at least. 

Doesn't the desert has its charm?

Thanks Eberhard. You're absolutely right about the beauty of the desert - it's stunning.

15 hours ago, adambar said:

Great looking set of shots! :)

Thanks mate.

12 hours ago, BradB said:

Outstanding V5 images Rod . :):)

Thanks BradB but they're not V5 but XP11.

12 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

XP's Orbx scenery really can't be beat.  I like both sim and like Martyn I too have way too much tied up in 4.5 to let it go and V5 is a hot mess.

You're absolutely right Jack about Orbx scenery.  Be brave and embrace XP11. You'll never look back!

6 hours ago, cyberpilot said:

Be brave and embrace XP11. You'll never look back!

I have it, and almost everything Orbx makes for it.  It's too fickle for me.  For example, I make changes to the keyboard bindings.  A few days later I run XP and they're gone.  Or the TBM900, every single last time I run XP I have to enter my serial number and password, this is bottled insanity.

There’s something wrong there with your TBM Jack......I have that aircraft and fly it regularly and it has never asked me for the serial........it does remember when I crash though!!

Kev

Jack, it is advisable to have a copy of the XP11 on another drive. However, I noticed that there can be some oddities, like having to enter the serial number of a plane every now and then. Also Orbx Central had changed or shortened some entries in the scenery_packs.ini.
Did you also install a copy of XP11? After I simply deleted my copy of XP11, these strange things are gone now. Just a tip.

I agree with you. I have been a P3D follower for years but six months ago I changed to XP-11. In general XP default sceneries are much better that P3D ones, the community is more active and the flying physics are better.

Until FS2020 I will remain a XP-11 groupie :)

10 hours ago, Arkanoid said:

I agree with you. I have been a P3D follower for years but six months ago I changed to XP-11. In general XP default sceneries are much better that P3D ones, the community is more active and the flying physics are better.

Until FS2020 I will remain a XP-11 groupie :)

Good on you Arkanoid. I've been mulling over switching to XP11 for the last year but what tipped the scales was TE Socal. There's no going back to P3D for me. Compared to XP11 it seems very dated on so many levels. And yes, the flying physics are better.

Archived