Getting on with the Program ... the skies the limit!

renault

After looking at all the wonderful Luminar adjusted screenshots I thought , maybe I should get on with concept and try it out

But me, being me I thought why can't I just craft this up myself. At least that way, I'll understand the technology behind it and I'll learn something.

For those of you who are photographers you will know all about Chromakey  green screens. For those who don't, its how your local tv station puts the weather map behind the weather chap & makes it look real . Its a concept that photographers have been using to add backgrounds to photos for decades and well before digital photographs. Physical green screens are still a thing even today I found out in reading up on the technique.

So a Chromakey shader later, about 4 keystrokes in Paint 3D (the AI selection algorithm seems pretty reliable)  and two photos that I took the other day when I was out walking and I was in business.

Couple screenshots at Starks twin oaks and 1 native XPlane and here we are. All screenshots are straight from the "V" key, the first two have some cloud pics I took and the last is all XPlane.

I'm not sure I'm entirely comfortable with the concept to be honest. But I was able to confirm that one can go back to basics and get reasonable results.

Hope you enjoy the results of  my little experiment....

Cheers

R

Lw6Po3i.jpg

qTEBjam.jpg

Just plain XPlane

UcLF1ml.jpg

Thanks! :)

Pete

7 hours ago, Taph said:

Very nice looking edits

Thanks Taph:)

See you!

Pete

7 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Looking great these Pete.

cheers

Iain

Thanks Iain :)

Take care

Pete

1 hour ago, BradB said:

Looks great Pete and you kept money in your pocket .......:)B):D

Thanks John!

I'm really pleased you enjoyed it!

Your right.  My in house banker was pleased and more importantly I learned some useful ideas that I've always wondered about :D

See you John & thanks again

Pete

Archived