FACT in Johannesburg

Jack Sawyer

59 minutes ago, Dario said:

Wow, Jack! Wonderful shots! That's simply fantastic! I noticed about this Orbx release because of your post here!!! :) 

Thanks Dario, you don't subscribe to the forum thread of new releases?  That's how I knew.

You do a lot with this post, Jack...:

- notify others that this OLC part is released

- convince us that the city around FACT looks good, and the Table Mountain looks fantastic

- confuse me by mentioning Johannesburg, which is 2 hours with a 737 away

- give me the pleasure to watch these screenies.

I look forward to many more African pictures, maybe even with bridges!

3 hours ago, Peter Webber said:

Great shots! Do yourself a favour and look around for some FACT airport scenery. I know of 2 developers. Will make your experince even better. And well done to Orbx for the release. Will download tonight!

Thanks Peter, I will consider it.

2 hours ago, Stillwater said:

You do a lot with this post, Jack...:

- notify others that this OLC part is released

- convince us that the city around FACT looks good, and the Table Mountain looks fantastic

- confuse me by mentioning Johannesburg, which is 2 hours with a 737 away

- give me the pleasure to watch these screenies.

I look forward to many more African pictures, maybe even with bridges!

Thanks Gerold.

1) I looked up Johannesburg airports and it told me this was IN Johannesburg :wacko:

2) I didn't know this was table mountain, I have less than zero knowledge of most of Africa.

3) I didn't have time to consider bridges, I was in a rush as I had real-world things to do.

But I'm glad you liked them nonetheless.

Just now, Stillwater said:

Thanks for your detailed feedback, Jack. I already expected you to be in a rush, though not because of real life - just because of the release :D!

Yeah, I wish I could say.  Real life has been getting in the way a lot lately.  Hopefully I can make more flights soon.  

Any advice where to go for some really cool POI's?

1 minute ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Any advice where to go for some really cool POI's?

Oh I have never been in Africa yet. Holiday is booked for September, but who knows these days?

Starting in FACT you could fly south for the Cape, then east along the Garden Route until Durban, then northwest over @Eberhard Haberkorn s home to the Drakensberg mountains, which are on the way to Johannesburg. During that way you will get more inspiration here on the forum, I am sure... B)

Archived