Will have to sit out this sale :(

Mach 2

Since I can't get V4 to update the library and current airports, and I don't trust V3 (that I restored from a backup) to install new purchases.

Wanted to get a few PNW, N Cal and Australian airports.

Will have to spend my tax refund on other things untill the next sale (Provided v4 is fixed by then :unsure:)

BTW All ready submitted a unresolved problem report

Your Central log file provides us important information, please attach it to your support requests. You can find it at the following locations, or by pressing Control + Shift + L.

• Windows: %APPDATA%/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • macOS: ~/Library/Application Support/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • Linux: ~/.config/Orbx/Central/central.log

You can delete this box/quote once your log is attached

Operating system:  

Simulator:  

Screenshot:  

Issue:  

Dont get the point here, as long as you have a running v4 where you can do purchases, you are able to participate on the sale. All products that you buy are linked to your account, no matter if you can install them now or not. Means: you do not have to wait. Buy, what you want, and install it as soon as you got your problems sorted. If your v4 is not working at all, well then this is another story...

4 hours ago, Mach 2 said:

Since I can't get V4 to update the library and current airports, and I don't trust V3 (that I restored from a backup) to install new purchases.

It's worth pointing out that "V3" will not install the new products and that purchases can be made at the Orbx Direct site.

Awaiting the central.log file, thanks.

All ready posted in prior thread

7 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

It's worth pointing out that "V3" will not install the new products and that purchases can be made at the Orbx Direct site.

Awaiting the central.log file, thanks.

All ready posted in above thread, however here is again...

central.log

One possible cause of Error: Could not download and save the manifest is...

No Free Disk Space

This error will occur if your drive doesn’t have enough space for the product. Make sure that the drive the simulator/library is installed to has sufficient space for the product. You’ll also need sufficient space within your temporary location for the product files, you can change this path in your Downloader settings.

18 items say they have updates. Wondering if this is preventing updating due to lack of disk space for 18 items? Or is Central smart enough to realize it can do one at a time?

All ready tried disabling the Windows Defender / Security Essentials real time firewall. Disabled UAC. Tried adding the

strict -ssl false

to the shortcut.

NO GO...still  Error: Could not download and save the manifest

I once had a problem with Central too ( that was driving me nuts)

It was a conflict with my antivirus and some Saturn stuff that was identified as malicious or so

I had to instruct Avast to put this Saturn back and create an exception and additional things until it worked

It might be something similar

Just wanted to mention this in case it could have a similar relationship and could help

Cheers

Carlos

Hi

I had to set these in Avast:

C:\Users\Carlos Quesada\Downloads\Orbx-central-4.0.15.exe

C:\Users\Carlos Quesada\AppData\Local\Programs\Orbx-central\saturn-win\Saturn.exe

C:\Program Files\Parallel 42\Immersion Manager\*

Cheers

Carlos

1 hour ago, Mach 2 said:

What are the names of files of Orbx Central would need to be added to exceptions?

Hello Mach 2

The folder to exclude = C: - Users - NAME - AppData

You should also make an exclusion for your Simulator.

• 2 weeks later...

I've tried completely disabling the Windows Defender firewall and disable Security Essentials. Even tried disabling UAC. I don't have any other virus software.

It would help if the Error: Could not download and save the manifest could expand on why it not being permitted to work as I've tried looking through the trouble shooting section and nothing has helped.

Archived