Orbx scenery , not just for flying over....

Orbx Flyer

Hello,

this seems to be a series of images of a boat or boats but the links are not to the images.

To correct this, you need to go to "Share" for each image and then copy the Direct Link and post it into your topic.

This one, for example is:  https://i.postimg.cc/5NNL6XgV/2020-3-15-11-40-6-168.jpg which you can see is buried in the text of your last line.

2020-3-15-11-40-6-168.jpg

48 minutes ago, bvdboomen said:

Neat! I have to do that myself one day.

Right now, I am in a real time voyage from the river front of Detroit, Michigan, and presently am about 20 miles out from the mouth of the Welland Canal, to head through, and take Lake Ontario, to 'our' final destination and berth near New York, within the Thousand Islands. We'll take dinner and my guests will enjoy a port-side party. Tomorrow (in real time), we will embark down the St. Lawrence River, to then head South, to hitch up to the Inner-coastal Water Way, and take that (again, all in real time...) down to the Florida Keys.  I've always wanted to do this...and with real world dynamics of the water in P3D 4.4 set to Ultra...I have already had to drop my knots, to avoid bow lifting in 3.5 meter waves on Lake Erie today!  What a blast!  This yacht rocks! Take a peak at my GPS 1000, and you'll see where we are, headed towards the Locks...

Here I am approaching the Niagara Falls area, along with the freighter you see ahead of us....I'll have to wait and take my turn through the Locks... :)  Later...

2020-3-15-13-58-34-652.jpg

2020-3-15-13-58-46-801.jpg

Leaving Lake Erie, and entering the mouth of the Welland Canal...headed for Lake Ontario....yeeee-haw!

2020-3-15-14-23-27-255.jpg

2020-3-15-14-24-18-887.jpg

2020-3-15-14-24-29-633.jpg

I have to 'fess up' that this is really the Niagara River...heading towards the Falls.  The Welland Canal is not simulated as a navigable body of water, so when I get to the Falls precipice, I'm going to magically 'Y key' myself past the Cataracts, and then head down the rest of the river and out into Lake Ontario...just in case some viewers were wondering...so imagine this is the Welland Canal..as that is what you'd have to take between Lake Eire and Lake Ontario...through the Locks...and out.

2020-3-15-14-30-8-187.jpg

2020-3-15-14-32-11-417.jpg

As I approach the town of Niagara Falls, up-Falls, this Orbx autogen detail, you won't see from the air...and yep, it's Orbx...a Ferry Dock (if you have it installed!)

2020-3-15-14-43-31-102.jpg

2020-3-15-14-43-50-351.jpg

1 hour ago, Orbx Flyer said:

This yacht rocks! Take a peak at my GPS 1000, and you'll see where we are, headed towards the Locks.

Hi there, 

I could not help but notice the problems with wake and spray effects on your rather posh yacht. Those effects have not been updated for your sim

You might check with the developer to see if updated effects are available. 

If not, you can probably fix them. The aircraft.cfg for the boat should list the effects used. When opened in Notepad, you should see 

[Library Effect]
Lifetime=5
Version=2.00

For the parts of the effect that should be displayed on the surface of the water you need to add the line Ground Decal=1 in the [Particle.n] section. Look for Ground Normal=1

And then add the line like this:

Ground Normal=1
Ground Decal=1

This puts a 'decal' on the water's surface, even with 3D waves. 

Don't add the line for spray effects; you don't want them stuck to the surface. 

And let me add; nice screen shots!

Cheers

2 hours ago, Larry_R said:

Hi there, 

I could not help but notice the problems with wake and spray effects on your rather posh yacht. Those effects have not been updated for your sim

You might check with the developer to see if updated effects are available. 

If not, you can probably fix them. The aircraft.cfg for the boat should list the effects used. When opened in Notepad, you should see 

[Library Effect]
Lifetime=5
Version=2.00

For the parts of the effect that should be displayed on the surface of the water you need to add the line Ground Decal=1 in the [Particle.n] section. Look for Ground Normal=1

And then add the line like this:

Ground Normal=1
Ground Decal=1

This puts a 'decal' on the water's surface, even with 3D waves. 

Don't add the line for spray effects; you don't want them stuck to the surface. 

And let me add; nice screen shots!

Cheers

Thank you VERY MUCH for this post. I'll do what you suggest right off and them post some after the .cfg change.  Wow...thanks again, Larry!!!!!!!!! :)

Larry, all I have under EFFECTS is this:

EFFECTS]
wake = fx_wake_3c      
water= fx_spray_3c  

Larry, how about you build me the entire [EFFECTS] section, of what you think would work...and I'll copy it into the .cfg file.  Thanks,...

34 minutes ago, Orbx Flyer said:

Larry, all I have under EFFECTS is this:

EFFECTS]
wake = fx_wake_3c      
water= fx_spray_3c  

OK,I added this to just under the above..:

[Particle.n]    
Ground Normal=1
Ground Decal=1

Sorry! I should explained in more detail.   You need to edit the effects being used.  You look in the aircraft.cfg just  to find the name of the effects. 

In this case, the name of the wake effect for that boat will be fx_wake_3c.fx   That is not a default effect and must have come with the boat. 

Now you look in your Effects folder for that file name.  Make a backup of the file just in case.    Now open the file with Notepad (or Notepad ++ if you have it)

The effects files are just text files with a .fx extension.   Examine the file, see if it's 'version=2.00.  Hopefully yes.  Then follow the suggestions above. 

Cheers

10 minutes ago, Larry_R said:

Sorry! I should explained in more detail.   You need to edit the effects being used.  You look in the aircraft.cfg just  to find the name of the effects. 

In this case, the name of the wake effect for that boat will be fx_wake_3c.fx   That is not a default effect and must have come with the boat. 

Now you look in your Effects folder for that file name.  Make a backup of the file just in case.    Now open the file with Notepad (or Notepad ++ if you have it)

The effects files are just text files with a .fx extension.   Examine the file, see if it's 'version=2.00.  Hopefully yes.  Then follow the suggestions above. 

Cheers

Oh...I see...thanks...ok...will do....and post.  BTW, I changed the wake file to FSX_1 and now have this...but will do as you show now..:

2020-3-15-18-34-23-859.jpg

2020-3-15-18-34-55-824.jpg

2020-3-15-18-35-40-394.jpg

2020-3-15-18-35-7-250.jpg

34 minutes ago, adambar said:

Cool shots indeed. :)

Larry helped me fix those above the water, spikes.  What that should have been, is what I have now...swirling mist over the stern wake churl.  What a difference it makes, when it renders as it should have...wow, Adam!  Glad you enjoyed the shots.  I'll take some more when I get down to the Keys!

Archived