Vulcan over Florida xp11.

Iain Emms

Fantastic shots Ian, I have a lasting legacy from the Vulcans, high frequency deafness!!:banghead:  used to refuel them back in the early 70's the howl of the engines as they practised asymmetrical overshoots was something to hear, far louder than a normal take-off.

Whilst waiting to refuel one I  parked the bowser just in front and went up into the cockpit for a look round, for such a large aircraft I was taken back by how much of a squeeze it was to sit in the pilots' seat and how small the compartment was for the rear crew.  

Would have loved to have had a flight in one but alas, no chance, still, I got a flight up in a Canberra with 85 Sqdn when they came to our station whilst they had their runway re-surfaced but had to sit alongside the navigator as the trainer (T5 I think it was called) was unserviceable, just about as good as being in the back of the Vulcan........could see very little! 

Regards

Nigel.

superb shots, looks really nice.....

On 2/29/2020 at 4:29 PM, Nigelhj said:

Just came to me, Just Flight are presently converting the FSX, P3d Vulcan to X-Plane 11.  Now that is something worth waiting for.

Regards

Nigel.

just been trying the lastest version, all coming along nicely.......

Archived