Missing trees

Bentree

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Bentree said:

My question is.... what to do then, because obviously i want to use the addon that is cause my trees to disappear.... i there a work around then?

I'll explain what to do, for example with Skiathos

The way I fixed it as you might be having the same issue

Just give me some minutes pls

Cheers

My question is.... what to do then, because obviously i want to use the addon that is cause my trees to disappear.

Hello Ben,

that is the key question of course.

Here is 11S with your file, so there must be more to it than just this file.

2020-2-15_16-35-17-226.jpg

I guess that going to your backup has indeed removed the cause and that it does not entirely lie with the autogen definitions.

As I mentioned before, I have asked the question internally and will await an answer.

Not only is it the weekend in Australia, as we write, it is 0338 hours.

Hahaha....you should go to bed Nick...here it is 17:42......

With the P3D version of 01-01-2019 there is no problem with the trees, so i think it is a good start from there.

Every time i install something, ik will go to 11S  and check it.

Sleep well....and thanks again

regards,

Ben

1 minute ago, Bentree said:

Hahaha....you should go to bed Nick...here it is 17:42......

With the P3D version of 01-01-2019 there is no problem with the trees, so i think it is a good start from there.

Every time i install something, ik will go to 11S  and check it.

Sleep well....and thanks again

regards,

Ben

jajaja I do it with 0S9

Here is 10:46 am :)

For your info:

I began missing trees after installing Gaya's KOS.

The install was done in the Add-ons folder of P3D and there was a second autogen folder which contains a default.xml.

After removing the <Category>Autogen</Category> entry from the add-on xml-file, my autogen trees came back.

Yes, KOS is now crippled but at least I have my word wide autogen back.

Cheers,

Ben.

3 hours ago, bvdboomen said:

For your info:

I began missing trees after installing Gaya's KOS.

The install was done in the Add-ons folder of P3D and there was a second autogen folder which contains a default.xml.

After removing the <Category>Autogen</Category> entry from the add-on xml-file, my autogen trees came back.

Yes, KOS is now crippled but at least I have my word wide autogen back.

Cheers,

Ben.

hi Ben

But as far as I understand is that if a product brings and autogen folder is for displaying the specific buddings and objects made for that scenery...

If you remove the <Category>Autogen</Category> entry from the add-on xml-file then these building won't display... am I right?

Cheers

Carlos

1 minute ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello Ben. we are aware of this and it will be fixed soon with an update to the Orbx Libraries.

To mitigate the effect, if you temporarily disable Kos, if you are not visiting it, then the remaining

autogen should be fine.

Hi Nick

I uninstalled the airport and continued having the same issue :(

Hello Carlos,

I think your problems lie with addons that I do not have.

I can see that uninstalling Kos will solve one problem but it will not solve them all.

For your information, if an airport is installed outside P3D, then unticking its add-ons entry will

completely disable it and all changes made by it.

On 2/15/2020 at 9:42 AM, Bentree said:

Loads and loads of scenery i have indeed....it can be anything.

Now i am at the doorstep of removing P3D and start from scratch or first remove alle the addons but that will probably make P3D not clean enough.

Would you explain me what you mean by:  "I fixed it by removing the automatic addon file, the xml method and then installed it manyally" ?

Where's the automatic addon file? What is the XML method (i suppose installing in \documents\P3Daddons?) and how do you install manually when the installer is not giving you the option to choose the directory to install in?

Regards,

Ben

Hi Ben

Sorry for my late reply to this.

When Skiathos is installed it adds a folder in "documents"

C:\Users\your computer name\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons that contains an add-on.xml file like this example here:

Am6bgRY.jpg

The add-on.xml text is to instruct P3D to add the scenery folder and all its components to the library

The thing is that this folder contains an autogen folder as you can see here:

Z2FXhUF.jpg

And despite the add-on.xml text has a line to instruct this folder to be added to the sim a conflict happens and the scenery is not displayed correctly and also Orbx gets affected.

What I did? I deleted the folder of Skiathos in Documents and added the scenery the traditional way, manually. This way the auto configurator manager reads the autogen folder and then make Orbx and Skiathos leave in peace together. Both are correctly displayed

Hope all is clear now.

Regards,

Carlos

10 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello Carlos,

I think your problems lie with addons that I do not have.

Hi Nick

Yes I think so

But I've been checking every single addon I've added and they don't have autogen folders so I'm quite confused here now. :banghead:

But I think I'll have to remove them all after Skiathos and add them again one by one and check

13 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

For your information, if an airport is installed outside P3D, then unticking its add-ons entry will

completely disable it and all changes made by it.

Ok noted thanks

Cheers

Carlos

23 hours ago, carlosqr said:

If you remove the <Category>Autogen</Category> entry from the add-on xml-file then these building won't display... am I right?

Yes you are right but I'd rather have autogen world wide then KOS fully functional. :)

Nick's words are hopeful. Let's wait and see what the update brings.

On 2/16/2020 at 8:01 PM, carlosqr said:

Hi Ben

Sorry for my late reply to this.

When Skiathos is installed it adds a folder in "documents"

C:\Users\your computer name\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons that contains an add-on.xml file like this example here:

Am6bgRY.jpg

The add-on.xml text is to instruct P3D to add the scenery folder and all its components to the library

The thing is that this folder contains an autogen folder as you can see here:

Z2FXhUF.jpg

And despite the add-on.xml text has a line to instruct this folder to be added to the sim a conflict happens and the scenery is not displayed correctly and also Orbx gets affected.

What I did? I deleted the folder of Skiathos in Documents and added the scenery the traditional way, manually. This way the auto configurator manager reads the autogen folder and then make Orbx and Skiathos leave in peace together. Both are correctly displayed

Hope all is clear now.

Regards,

Carlos

Hi Carlos,

Thank you very much for this explanation man!

It took a while for me to come back to this tread because i had to get a backup of one year ago and rebuild everything important that i lost during last year.

I am now back on track (but still have to install the sceneries, wich i will do one at the time and not several a day).

With this explanation of yours i can try to track problems and hope to solve many of them to prevent coming in the same hopeless situation again.

Regards,

Ben

Hello Ben

My pleasure

I have identified several airports that cause the missing of Orbx trees ( I use 0S9 (Jefferson) to test)

These are

Skiathos -LGSK by 29 Palms

Chania -LGSA  by Justsim

Kos - LGKO by Gaya

All Greek, what about that?

k1gGib9.jpg

And also, despite they have years developing airports:

Lukla - VNLK by Aerosoft

So far only those. I will continue as you too, installing and right after that checking 0S9 to verify if trees are gone

I hope this saves you time searching yourself, the culprit and helps Orbx ask customers with issues if they have these installed

I'll see if I can make them work the same way I did with Skiathos, I think with Chania will be easy. Gaya should be fixing theirs and Lukla is the one that seems could be a bit different due to all the folders it has but I'll report.

I happily have my Orbx trees back without those three ( as I fixed LGSK)

2QUGUfl.jpg

Cheers

Carlos

On 2/16/2020 at 1:51 PM, Nick Cooper said:

Hello Carlos,

it does look as if the ACM only works on scenery installed into the simulator root folder and this

probably explains why some of us have a problem and some of us do not, even though we have

the same scenery products?

I would say the ACM only works when it detects and autogen folder in the sim (fiscally)  NOT when the the product is installed by the xml method

The xml method is pretty new isn't it and I think the developer of ACM didn't consider this when creating the ACM, so the ACM doesn't know how to read :lol: just detects.

Cheers

Carlos

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/16/2020 at 8:01 PM, carlosqr said:

Hi Ben

Hi Carlos,

I came to a point to install Gayasim Kos (the version i got for free from them (not the Orbx one).

I have installed the scenery in P3D\Addon scenery and i let the scenery librairy read the scenery there.

Now the question is: The "autogen" directory and "effects" directory is in the Gayasim Kos Directory (where also the scenery and texture directories are) does P3D see the effcets and the autogen for Kos automatically? (i did not see the autoconfiguration manager do anything).

regards,

Ben

Hi Ben

Yes P3D reads the files as they get installed now and Orbx has fixed the problem with the autogen now, so you should not have any problems installeing it

I have already done it and all is Ok

Cheers

Carlos

Hi Nick,

Thanks for jumping in. I have no problems with the Gaya Kos scenery because i installed it in the addons directory at the traditional way.

I thought Carlos ment that Orbx has fixed the missing trees problem caused by other addon sceneries from other developpers....that was the reason to ask.

So this means we should still check our trees after every scenery install anyway.

Regards,

Ben

Hello,

as I understand the black art of autogen, which is not well,

if the product included autogen definitions and is installed outside

the simulator using the add-ons method, the answer is yes.

Otherwise, no because its autogen definition will have most likely

overwritten the version in the P3D folder.

I just unticked Kos in the addon configuration manager and my trees showed up at Sekiu again. I have the free Kos, so Gaya is not giving us any updates on the scenery. I do have Skiathos and Chania so in my case the offender is Kos (free version) I will keep it off until a fix shows up.

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to join this thread as i have posted ages ago on here with the same issue and again a few days ago when i noticed the same annoying conflict had popped up again.

I refuse to uninstall my entire P3D setup with all the addons and aircraft etc etc as i did the first time round to fix something that no one could really identify as a cause for the loss in a large portion of vegetation/trees.

I have the freeware Kos from GAYA, i deactivated this and loaded P3D up again...issue still persists, in fact there are barely any trees on Kos island after reload.

It seems that a few trees show but the larger percentage disappear totally and they are not narrowed down to 1 area, it seems that the issue will cause a loss in trees and vegetation worldwide in various spots. I have seen it heavily lost at Luton, Southampton, Basel in areas around the airport...

We need to identify what is doing this as it is actually really frustrating; there is a thread over at UK2000 which talks of similar issues and suggests an unofficial fix by a user which can cause further issues with autogen popping up on sceneries after plus it looks more cut out for True Earth users and it would appear most of us here use Global FTX, OpenLC Europe and England EU as the base in our setups.

I have deactivated all my addon sceneries so all that is active is Orbx material ONLY, still no trees.

Southampton, trees stop abruptly and are lost all over the town to the right as you see

803410323_Prepar3DScreenshot2020_03_25-19_46_25_48.thumb.png.873a3a249c2962716a96dfd444107f8f.png

Hi Bradley, I uninstalled completely the free Gaya KOS and it brought back the trees. I had to look carefully through my harddrive to spot any remains of it, but this solved the problem. They are working on an update, so hopefully when released in the coming days or weeks it will be fixed.

52 minutes ago, BrianV said:

Hi Bradley, I uninstalled completely the free Gaya KOS and it brought back the trees. I had to look carefully through my harddrive to spot any remains of it, but this solved the problem. They are working on an update, so hopefully when released in the coming days or weeks it will be fixed.

Confirmed, removing Kos brings back a loss in trees and vegetation.

Hopefully a fix by P3D for xmls is made and the 3rd parties can then make adjustments in the future?

• 2 weeks later...

Try this fix from the forums … worked for me.

In the Kos add-on.xml I deleted the Autogen  Component.
Then I moved the Autogen folder into the GAYA_KOS_Airport folder. (So no I have in there: Autogen, Effect, scenery, script and texture folder]

Start your P3D. If you use Autogen Configuration Merger you will get a message, that a Restart of P3D is necessary. Restart P3D an you will get your Autogen on all airport (Kos, Justsim etc.]

Rich

On 3/25/2020 at 8:06 PM, bradley27 said:

I refuse to uninstall my entire P3D setup with all the addons and aircraft etc etc as i did the first time round to fix something that no one could really identify as a cause for the loss in a large portion of vegetation/trees.

I have the freeware Kos from GAYA

Hello,

there is no problem at all in identifying the problem, it is quite straightforward.

1. Autogen descriptions are contained in the Autogen\default.xml file in P3D.

2. Gaya's airport contains an Autogen\default.xml file that contains ONLY the autogen description for their airport product.

3. Because their Autogen\default.xml file is used instead of the Autogen\default.xml file in P3D\Autogen\default.xml, all other descriptions are overridden and autogen no longer displays as it should. This is an issue that was identified some time ago in a few other developers' products and resolved but the resolution has not yet been applied to the freeware version of Gaya Kos.

It arose from a misunderstanding that P3D could now merge autogen descriptions, as at version 4.5.13.32097 it cannot do so.

This is why the alternative solutions of either removing the Gaya Autogen\default.xml file from the equation or the Autogen Configuration Merger work.

In the first solution, the Gaya influence is simply removed. This is good for the rest of the simulator but bad for the product.

In the second, it is all good, as the autogen description is merged with those of the rest of the simulator and it all works.

Also, for the free Gaya version users.

Gaya has already said they are working for a solution so it will be a matter of time

If you don't want to complicate things just disable the scenery temporarily and wait for the update so you have all your Orbx world in shape

Cheers

Carlos

Sorry Nick/Carlos, this was already identified a good week or so ago as most likely a GAYA Simulations issue i just hadnt updated posts and suggestions elsewhere but thanks for coming back anyway. Indeed we await an eventual fix from GAYA for Kos.

Archived