Missing trees

Bentree

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi guy's,

The last post in this tread was April 19......

Meanwhile i did a format:\c, installed Win10 Pro and installed P3Dv5 with Global Base, All Orbx regions, All Europe airports, PMDG B748, Leonardo MD82, My general aviation A2A aircraft.

Everything works fine.

But........

After i installed my first USA airport (11S Sekui) things started to go wrong. Today i have been busy with this for 14 hours and this is what i found out:

Starting the sim loading a situation at 11S gives me sometimes all trees, scenery and objects. The next time i start the sim in the same way, the trees are gone.....(without me have changed anything...)

Also, after everything was okay again, i installed 0S9 Jefferson.

When i then start at 11S (and have scenery and trees) and i change the airport to 0S9 Jefferson....Jefferson has no trees and no RWY textures and no buildings.

Switching back (all still in in the same session, did not restart the sim) and spawning back at 11S (Sekui) wich just now had all scenery objects now suddenly has no trees and no Buildings and RWY textures.

Restarting the sim and load the 11S situation brings back trees and scenery, relocating to 0S9 Jefferson i also have all trees, buildings and RWY textures.....

Relocating back to 11S.....and everything has disappeared again......

First i thought some other scenery had overwritten the Orbx autogen file, so i disabled (and later uninstalled) all 29Palms, FlyTampa and Aerosoft scenery, but that does not make any difference.... even without scenery from other developers, the problems of disappearing trees and Orbx sceneries are there....

I have the feeling that there is a huge problem with Orbx autogen and simobjects, because last week i did not have any issue with all the other mentioned scenery.

The problems started after i installed the first Orbx USA scenery (11S and 0S9).

In the last 14 hours i have tried every possibility to find out who is the problem maker here..... but again.....found only Orbx autogen having problems.

I really would like to understand why this all is (and better....how to solve it).

before you think i make a mess of my P3Dv5..... i installed from scratch (as i said) and checked every single product after installation.

Regards,

Ben

I feel a bit awkward.........

Today i have restart investigating what was going on with my Orbx scenery and P3Dv5 system due to the problems i had yesterday.

I have found out that after every scenery installment of after loading a situation on a Orbx USA airport i have to close P3Dv5 and restart my PC system.

When i do this, every single time i load up a flight the scenery is displayed in the right way (with (!) trees and simobjects).

So installing a scenery and in the same P3Dv5 session check of the trees at 11S or 0S9 are still there is not the right way.

Restart the PC and then check your scenery (with swapping different airports).

We still have to check, because different scenery designers can use their own autogen file that can overwrite the Orbx ones and then we can loose trees.

But be sure to restart the system first.

I have not a low end system, but obviously swapping scenery location without a restart can give memory problems whereafter the scenery doesn't load completely.

I also have this with FlyTampa of 29Palms scenery....si not only the Orbx ones.

Sorry to bother you with my problems....but maybe it is aof use to anybody else struggling in the same way.

Regards,

Ben

Hi Bemtree

There is a third party product causing the disappearing of the trees

When you install a third party product that has its autogen it might conflict with Orbx depending on how it is set up

I also test trees and autogen with Sekiu and Jefferson airports they're the best to do so.

The thing is that things "get fixed" only after you run Central, because it overwrites the autogen and put it in order

If you install another third party airport that conflicts and then you go to Sekiu you'll see the trees gone

This is solved only by using the Auto Configurator Merger so both autogen files can coexists, so whenever you go to Sekiu you'll see trees and whenever you go to anyother 3 pty you'll have their autogen

Do you have Skiattos?

Lukla?

Fly Tampa doesn't cause any conflicts with autogen so you can install those safely

The thing here is that it seems the Auto Configurator Merger doesn't work in P3D v5, that is what I read. I cannot test it because I don't have V5

But now you know how it works with the autogen, until ACM works in P3D 5 you will have that problem unless an alternative solution is provided.

So you might need to drop those airports meanwhile

Regards

Carlos

Archived