Long Hot Summer

Craig Hanley

Great set, shameful events that happens here in the States too. Dumb People and Lightning are the major contributors to forest fires and it bites that its really dry there. How did you get the fire and smoke in the SIM???  

13 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Is this P3D?  Is it Orbx stuff?  I like them but how did you see the fires?  Photoshop?  It's a great tribute to those who fight these fires.

I was watching these fires evolve over November and December and thought .... is there a program that can replicate fires like this?

I found firefighter x...so I bought it. Relativly inespensive.  These  images are FSX but it works with P3D. This is ORBX  Canberra cityscape and Wollongong on the south east coast. You can download fires directly from NASA with what's actually happening on the day where the fires are. 

It allows you to set the fires, location, size, even lets AI fly with you as a spot plane or as a plane that dumps water. I downloaded some paints and the only photoshop is some contrast, brightness, a little bit of sharpening and some minor saturation adjustments. 

Its a bit different but fun as well. I have heaps more images And the "V" key is just about broken on te keyboard...LOL

RIP to the three guys from Coulson who gave their lives helping us Aussies.

16 hours ago, Adam Banks said:

Great shots  - even if the subject matter is a little tragic! Thankfully there's been plenty of rain - in NSW at least. Dry as a bone here in Auckland (42 days continuous without rain).

Adam.

Thanks for your comments Adam. Over the weekend the rural fire service in NSW officially declared that the fires had all been "contained". I believe some are still burning but under control. No more need for all the aircraft ...for now anyway. Still have about 6 weeks of potential heat. We haven't as much rain as we got for about 2 years at least. Shame to hear about Auckland though..... I feel your pain Adam. Yes the fires have been tragic ... but the images I took tried to show what a great job all the emergency services did for us, amongst the pain.

Archived