...and the Honeymoon continues!

Orbx Flyer

2 hours ago, Orbx Flyer said:

Thanks, everyone...TE-Florida HD is getting worn out upon my hard drive, lol!

Great shots!!! May i know what is the time taken to load any TE Florida scenery? Mine takes well over 15 mins... Are your load times too similar?

23 minutes ago, Ams said:

Great shots!!! May i know what is the time taken to load any TE Florida scenery? Mine takes well over 15 mins... Are your load times too similar?

This morning I tried to set a plane at KJAX.  The entire Orbx TE Florida was on a separate library on an 8 TB external UBS 3 drive.  It took over 30 minutes.  So I moved it to an internal SSD and sync’d the sim and it loaded in one minute.

43 minutes ago, Ams said:

Yes, around 12-15 minutes, but after loading,  I can fly til the cows come home, and no CTD.   My system only has 12 GB's, but no problem with running Florida HD.  Just to say, I was curious last night, so loaded up AUS 2 in P3D..and timed it.  That was around 8 minutes, so...these large sceneries, will take their time.  Be sure to take a look at your Scenery.ini file after you update TE-Florida.  After Central did its thing, and I first ran XP and then dropped out of it, to check my Scenery.ini....SURE ENOUGH, I had five Ortho4XP files at the very top...which would have not allowed TE-Florida to load in properly and display.  I then cut and pasted them back with the others, down below...and then SAVED the Scenery.ini file.  

On 2/12/2020 at 4:19 AM, Orbx Flyer said:

Yes, around 12-15 minutes, but after loading,  I can fly til the cows come home, and no CTD.   My system only has 12 GB's, but no problem with running Florida HD.  Just to say, I was curious last night, so loaded up AUS 2 in P3D..and timed it.  That was around 8 minutes, so...these large sceneries, will take their time.  Be sure to take a look at your Scenery.ini file after you update TE-Florida.  After Central did its thing, and I first ran XP and then dropped out of it, to check my Scenery.ini....SURE ENOUGH, I had five Ortho4XP files at the very top...which would have not allowed TE-Florida to load in properly and display.  I then cut and pasted them back with the others, down below...and then SAVED the Scenery.ini file.  

Great tips!! Will look into it. Thanks for the info

On 2/13/2020 at 11:22 AM, wain71 said:

great shots, the one thing that bugs with XP is the trails from the wings, sometimes I get them on small planes at really low altitudes, really gets on my wick.....

If the humidity is high, you will see wing tip vortices...and usually when there is is a gravitational load placed upon the wing, as in a bank or ascent.

Archived