Stockholm Arlanda needs an update

carlosmax50

Hello guys...

Guys stockholm arlanda needs an update, the gate still dosn't have the big number like ESGG have on their gates, Arlanda have a new remote parking place on the T2. im a pretty much sure there more stuff to updated.

Please guys give us the updated we need.

Have a nice day

For good or ill our flight simulator scenery is frozen in time at the time of release. It is reasonable to expect our devs to fix bugs, but updating to keep up with the ever changing real world, all over the world is not only unrealistic, but hubris.  While the devs are fussing over the gate numbers of your favorite airport, the favorite airports and other scenery of the rest of us are waiting on limbo.  

Ken

Hello Carlosmax50

I see you are pretty new in the forum and based on that I dare to assume you might have requested the Arlanda update, for which I see nothing wrong in doing so. We all have rights to request whatever we want as customers and it is up to Orbx staff to decide how to proceed/reply.

You might not know but Arlanda has been updated just last year. Marcus Nyberg one of the developers was very happy to deliver the update and he mentioned that he was aware that more updates were required and that in time these will take place. So for now current Arlanda is the most updated version we have. It is one of my favorites airports too, so I'll be also very pleased when a third update takes place

It is indeed true that updates take time and airports (when launched) look like at the moment they were started as product. Current Arlanda received a great improvement, Marcus is very enthusiastic about his products and as you can see all of his products are the highest quality, so hold on there and wait.

Orbx is currently working in various projects being the most expected/demanding one the Africa Land Class which is about to be launched :)

So being busy with these you might not receive a fast reply from the staff but I hope you have now a better panorama of the whole picture.

Have a great evening

Cheers

Carlos

Hey,

Arlanda is for sure an important airport for me, and updates for that one is always on my mind. Just remember how far the updates we have already published has taken it from its first state when it was released a few years back. Also, may I add, without any charge for our customers ;) 

The airport has undertaken some big infrastrature changes over the years which is not reflected in our scenery as it is simply not in our current imagery that we purchased, and to be fair the changes does only impact the everyday use of the airport in minor ways (like a new parking area close to T2, some slight changes to taxiways, demolisions behind T5,  and mostly landside projects). These are things I would love to add and also redo parts where I see that my current skill set could make big improvements. Heck, to be completely honest, I sometimes even vision a complete fresh v2. Or if sticking to just an update, just imagine getting some PBR-rain effects and terminal detail, redoing Skycity among other things.

However, these are major changes needed and these takes time and I am a one-man-band developer more or less, and I need to combine my updates with new projects. So ESSA has not been forgotten, of that you can be sure.

But just to point out one of the things you mentioned in your post about the gate numbers. ESGG is a tiny airport in comparsion so we could make all the gates as individual objects, if we would have had the same tactique for ESSA you would have had a slide-show. There are some more complex ways to add gatenumbers without needing one gate per object, but that tech-knowledge was not available when we made the latest update for ESSA, but would of course be looked at when we work on a new update.

So yes, ESSA is , like Elvis would have said. ".. always on my mind" ;)

I hope though you can appreciate the efforts we have put in to the ESSA project over the years and enjoy the current state a bit longer.

• 4 months later...
On 1/29/2020 at 5:51 AM, Richard Lincoln said:

Carlos,

I have removed the first line of text, what you wrote will only inflame and lead to more negativity. 

Richard

Quite disapoited about it but is nothing i can do, my original post wasnt to start a fight, just to poit out stuff that i whould love to see in arlanda. I was really hopping for those stuff to arrive at this new update, maybe next 1.

8 hours ago, carlosmax50 said:

Quite disapoited about it but is nothing i can do, my original post wasnt to start a fight, just to poit out stuff that i whould love to see in arlanda. I was really hopping for those stuff to arrive at this new update, maybe next 1.

I think Richard's post was addressed to @carlosqr

(two Carlos here:))

Carlos is a very popular name indeed, like John or last name Smith :)

Yes Carlos, Richard referred to a comment I made which he deleted

By the way ESSA has been just updated again so I think you might be happy with it

Cheers

Carlos

Archived