Mind the Gap

VH-KDK

Nice shot Martyn! :)   when you drive through Cal and Nevada past all those miles and miles of government properties and all you see is clouds of dust way off in the distance from military vehicles, makes you wonder what's going on in there, not to mention all the warning signs. :unsure:

5 hours ago, adambar said:

Nice shot Martyn! :)   when you drive through Cal and Nevada past all those miles and miles of government properties and all you see is clouds of dust way off in the distance from military vehicles, makes you wonder what's going on in there, not to mention all the warning signs. :unsure:

Thanks Adam. I wish I had more time to explore in that area, the scenery was amazing.

I didn't notice any of this Government land though, maybe I was in the wrong area.

I do know that there are warning signs everywhere and getting more every day!;)

1 hour ago, VH-KDK said:

Thanks Adam. I wish I had more time to explore in that area, the scenery was amazing.

I didn't notice any of this Government land though, maybe I was in the wrong area.

I do know that there are warning signs everywhere and getting more every day!;)

My wife and I were all over both states a few times. There are Air Force and Navy bombing ranges also. :D

I always like to spot this VFR reference point when virtually flying into YBAS. Good to have it!

They won´t harm you with the perfectly camouflaged plane, Martyn.

On 1/13/2020 at 1:31 PM, Jack Sawyer said:

Cool shot, I've always wondered what goes on in there, similar to Area 51 I reckon.

Probably it is just repeaters to improve mobile phone access in the area around Alice :D.

15 hours ago, Stillwater said:

I always like to spot this VFR reference point when virtually flying into YBAS. Good to have it!

They won´t harm you with the perfectly camouflaged plane, Martyn.

It does stand out rather.

Archived