GB North & Scotland

greybeard

I would like to add True Earth Central and North to my TE South.

My question is, would TE North play nicely with Scotland or should

I uninstall it first. I do have Global & Euro land class and they are no

problem at this point. I don't care if Scotland is taking disc space, it

is just that I don't want to break anything and so I will uninstall if I have to.

Essentially there is no point in keeping FTX Scotland occupying disk space on your HDD if you have all three True Earth regions but that is of course up to you.

I've heard betatesters say that the performance is better without the older regions beneath them. But it's certainly "cleaner" if for the initial loading the sim only has to load the one scenery that is actually visible.

5 hours ago, JJJackson said:

Do I understand it right,

Jack and Cannow, regarding EGFF Cardiff,  here is Nick's advice to another person.

Hello Jamie,

the perfectly practical solution is to leave EGFF as it is, inside its own folder and with its own scenery

library entry and either deactivate EU Wales in the scenery library or manually remove it, if disk space is critical.

Although from a sales point of view, it is included in the EU Wales product, EGFF is a free standing airport that

does not require EU Wales to be installed, if there is a TEGB product in its place.

Just give a thought to this before removing the regions. TE is summer only so you might want to deactivate it to get snow etc in winter. It may not be important to you but flying over the highlands of Scotland in Winter with TE summer textures kind of kills the immersion. Just use the FTX regions till spring then activate TE once again. Just an idea.

On 12/20/2019 at 7:58 AM, Sascha Normann said:

Essentially there is no point in keeping FTX Scotland occupying disk space on your HDD if you have all three True Earth regions but that is of course up to you.

I've heard betatesters say that the performance is better without the older regions beneath them. But it's certainly "cleaner" if for the initial loading the sim only has to load the one scenery that is actually visible.

Except you may wish to swap between them. FTX is still good for airliners and seasons !

Better off, just using SimstarterBG and having different scenery libraries that can be activated at the press of a button.

Archived