Haida Gwaii and Eurodam

VH-KDK

Haida Gwaii but known as the Queen Charlotte Islands until 2010. Part of British Colombia, it is about 40 miles off the coast separated by the Hecate Strait.

1.TiSO490.jpg

Graham and Moresby Islands are the two main Islands with another 400 smaller ones making up the archipelago.

2.xFqqpzP.jpg

The Holland America Line Eurodam is approaching on it's way south, probably to Seattle.

3.cNJh8pn.jpg

The islands are about 170 miles long by 60 wide at its widest point in the furthest north.

It has a population of about 4500.

4.QJVP1Fg.jpg

The Eurodam is 935 ft long and carries just over 3000 passengers and crew.

It commenced service in 2008.

You had confused me with your post title, Martyn: I thought you were flying from Hawaii to Holland... :banghead:

7 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

The islands are about 170 miles long by 60 wide at its widest point in the furthest north.

It has a population of about 4500.

7 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

The Eurodam is 935 ft long and carries just over 3000 passengers and crew.

A comparison that shows todays time. I prefer the population density of the island!

2 hours ago, Stillwater said:

You had confused me with your post title, Martyn: I thought you were flying from Hawaii to Holland... :banghead:

A comparison that shows todays time. I prefer the population density of the island!

Quite easily done Gerold as we apparently usually read the first and last letters of words.:huh:

It would be a nice place to live but at my age I like some things to be close by.:lol:

They didn't give the number of bears on the island and I have the feeling you may be outnumbered!:o

48 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

Quite easily done Gerold as we apparently usually read the first and last letters of words.:huh:

:D Yes, a very obvious misreading. And a good reason for another smile!

49 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

They didn't give the number of bears on the island and I have the feeling you may be outnumbered!:o

You mean, like the sheep on these wonderful islands at the other end of the Pacific?

1 hour ago, Stillwater said:

:D Yes, a very obvious misreading. And a good reason for another smile!

You mean, like the sheep on these wonderful islands at the other end of the Pacific?

A big difference indeed between Hawaii and Gwaii!

My friend, if you cannot tell the difference between a sheep(:wub:) and a bear I suggest you plan your future holidays very, very carefully!:huh::ph34r::o

Also for your own sake never try and shear a bear!:huh::o:-:ph34r::lol:

8 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Quite nice mix Martyn, but good gracious, 3000 souls.  I'll pass, I don't like to even be around 30 souls.

Cheers Jack, I didn't find it too bad as it was a big ship so the people were spread out quite well. Meal times were not too bad but you had to chose off peak which is not a problem for me.:)

5 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Meal times were not too bad but you had to chose off peak which is not a problem for me.:)

Now I see it: That is the main advantage of travelling with jet lag :ph34r:!

16 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Also for your own sake never try and shear a bear!

I would rather prefer to share a beer;D

Or, if in Japan, just take care of my own sake8)

16 hours ago, wain71 said:

great shots....I can't imagine that many people on a boat, must have been manic.......

Thanks Wain, not to bad but I spent a lot of time on deck at the stern watching the world going by and it was fairly quiet there. 

Also our cabin had a balcony so it was mostly peaceful.:)

13 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Now I see it: That is the main advantage of travelling with jet lag :ph34r:!

I would rather prefer to share a beer;D

Or, if in Japan, just take care of my own sake8)

Try to stay off the beer Gerold as it could lead to a nasty alement!:wacko:

Archived