Where Eagles Pair

VH-KDK

One of the places I visit in FSim quite often is Haines AK.

So when I noticed one of the excursions from the cruise ship included Haines I decided it was worth a visit.

1.t6tV8xT.jpg

As there are only 2 roads out of Haines the one we took for the drive to Chilkoot Lake obviously didn't go past the Airport!

2.IoyOh1u.jpg

A view of the real Haines from the ferry jetty.

3.ucRSQjb.jpg

Flying along Lutak Inlet.

4.VXfdo1x.jpg

Driving along Lutak Road with Haines in the distance.

5.nHgJROj.jpg

Approaching Chilkoot Lake with Tukgahgo Mountain on the left.

6.gbth3ea.jpg

The Chilkoot River, a popular place for observing Salmon, Bears, Eagles and other wildlife.

7.Z2Zi3Ed.jpg

A juvenile Bald Eagle leaving it's nest some distance from where I was standing.

8.y83SDoF.jpg

A pair of Adult Bald Eagles flew into a tree behind where I was standing. You might recognise the one in the centre of the screen.

20 hours ago, BradB said:

To have that kind of weather that late in the ( Cruise ) season is really something Martyn , the weather gods were smiling down on you and your brother . :):)

Thanks John, we were lucky almost the entire holiday with some excellent weather.:)

13 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Fantastic Martyn!  No wonder you took so many photos when you were here, it all makes sense now.  Please keep this up, I love them.

Cheers Jack.

Compulsive photography is probably part of my condition but I am able to relive so much of my travels.:)

As they say, "watch this space!":lol:

Archived