IFR in Alaska.

flyingleaf

So Hilda is herding our new passengers (The old once somehow never come back:huh::rolleyes:) on board and one guy asks her: "Do y'all have WiFi?" Hilda says:blink:: "What's that? Is that some kinda new beer?" So the passenger asks: "When is the next Alaska Airlines flight?" Hilda: "Them's all grounded wont fly in this weather. Sit down and "try" to relax and here have a beer". He looks at the can and asks bewildered: "What kind a beer is this? I never heard of "Billy Bobs fine brewskys":unsure:. Don't you have something better?" Hilda (bless her good heart): "We sure do, buts that's only for the pilots :P". He looks aghast and says:o"The pilots drink in flight?" Hilda replied: "Well do think they're crazy? How else would anyone fly in this kinda weather?:rolleyes:" So all our pax are safely strapped in with "fine" beers in hand looking outta da windows enjoying the deicing of our grand old lady.BG9KYyj.jpg "Ok T-Bone I filed our IFR flight, time to roll out"B). All of a sudden our plane jumps up and down and T-Bone looks at me with big eyes and says: Earthquake:o? I said: "Just relax it's only Hilda coming up the aisle":D. Sure enough here is our flying angel: "Here boys are your beers and skipper, fly smoothly them people back there are already green around the gills". ZQ7XQGG.jpg One of our passengers asked Hilda: "What does IFR mean?" Hildas says: " It stands for:"If we Fail we'll Repeat the flight":unsure::lol: (OK, sorry:rolleyes:)6YG8Juo.jpgHilda yells: "Any of you guys are hungry? I have some reasonably fresh "Jacks fish haggis" it's delish:P:wacko:"

And all replied in unison: " No thanks. But mebby a few more of them strange beers:unsure::PGntdHiX.jpg Our passengers have calmed down and are enjoying what little they can see.cjqwQs2.jpgdX1KuhT.jpg"Hey y'all in the back look out the right side and y'all see PAYA. We're "driving" down a bit more and turn right and hopefully catch the glide slope and "should" be landing probably pretty easy. At least it tells me so in the book I'm reading. Yeah, I'm pretty sure it should work:unsure::DSome of them traffic controllers are downright nasty if yer don't follow them their rules. Them boys ain't got no sense of humor:angry:. Right OND?Xo1yRTE.jpg "Huh, T-Bone she caught the GL nicely. Lookey hereB)". "Hilda. Tell'm to strap in and put out the smokes and finish the beers, we're coming in.xtB0XtS.jpgWell on behalf of cap'n Karl we thank yer for flying with the Mule Team Hilda is saying as she gives'em little packages of "Jacks fish haggis. Yeah I know but rember our motto. You can't complain about our service we ain't got none:D. But thanks for looking. k 

1 minute ago, VH-KDK said:

Wot! Only cans of Billy Bobs and Jacks Fine Fish Haggis.:huh:

What about the Walrus Blubber Salad that I hear was on the menu.:wub::wub::ph34r::unsure:

Anyway at glad you are back working for the Florida Tourist Board again!

Golly good to hear from you again Martyn. I'm still so sad not to have seen you in Vancouver. Are you back home?

23 minutes ago, flyingleaf said:

Golly good to hear from you again Martyn. I'm still so sad not to have seen you in Vancouver. Are you back home?

Thanks Karl, yes we should have arranged something a bit more concrete.:( Maybe next time!;)

I have been back in Oz since the 22nd but back in Mooroopna for a week.

It is like I never went away!:o

Your usual good stuff - reminds me of an outfit in Fairbanks, Interior Airways.  Flew a variety of planes and got approval for a passenger run PAFA to PANC with a C46.  The inaugural flight was during an inclement period so they had this brilliant idea to serve hot buttered rum from an extra large Russian tea urn.  Needless to say the flight was a great success.

24 minutes ago, olderndirt said:

Your usual good stuff - reminds me of an outfit in Fairbanks, Interior Airways.  Flew a variety of planes and got approval for a passenger run PAFA to PANC with a C46.  The inaugural flight was during an inclement period so they had this brilliant idea to serve hot buttered rum from an extra large Russian tea urn.  Needless to say the flight was a great success.

Thank you OND. Great to hear about Interior Airways our kind of airline.:P:D

20 minutes ago, flyingleaf said:

Thank you OND. Great to hear about Interior Airways our kind of airline.:P:D

To give you and idea - on my first visit to Barter Island (1960) working for the US Weather Bureau, they held the lateral contract with Federal Electric who ran the US part of the DEW line.  Their fleet consisted of a DC3, Norseman and an AT11.  When I took my halfway leave I rode right seat in the AT11 to Fairbanks.  Got some wonderful slides from that glass nose.

11 hours ago, olderndirt said:

To give you and idea - on my first visit to Barter Island (1960) working for the US Weather Bureau, they held the lateral contract with Federal Electric who ran the US part of the DEW line.  Their fleet consisted of a DC3, Norseman and an AT11.  When I took my halfway leave I rode right seat in the AT11 to Fairbanks.  Got some wonderful slides from that glass nose.

What a great experience.

Archived