Leeds Bradford - FPS

John John

Has anyone bought and installed Leeds Bradford yet. I just love Orbx scenery and now only fly in areas that have it, however I wasn't impressed with the FPS hit on EGLC, so waiting on feedback on Leeds Bradford before parting with my cash. And yes, I know in the manual for EGLC is says to turn down your graphics setting, but I didn't pay a huge amount of cash to buy a top spec pc to run it on reduced settings......not a moan, just stating my position - I am a big Orbx fan:)

HI,

If your VRAM on your graphics card is 24GB or more then you should not need to turn down your settings.  If it is only 11GB or less, which is the standard for most modern Ti models of Nvidia cards anyway, then you will need to make concessions.  Generally you just need to adjust one setting, which is Texture Quality.  If you have issues when this is set to maximum, then simply reduce it to high.  Underneath this setting you will see the amount of textures currently loaded, measured in MB.  If this amount greater than the amount of VRAM your graphics card has then you will see reduced performance.  Lowering the setting one notch to High will solve this.

I also paid a lot for a new PC, but I have also run FSX and P3D for years, and I know that concessions must be made because right in line with new PC hardware is increased demand on that hardware from new features, higher resolutions etc.

FYI, On my PC Leeds Bradford ran very well, and it is an excellent scenery with lots of great features.

Cheers,

For some reason this airport is a FPS killer near the terminal area (~20).  I'm getting 7-10 lower FPS compared with EGNX and I don't understand why given similar complexity.  BTW - EGNX initially had FPS issues due to parking lot lights which now seem to be completely fixed and FPS is great.  Not sure if it was an Orbx or XP update that did the trick.

Orbx team, can you please try to optimize FPS for Leeds?  Otherwise, the airport looks great and slopped runway is lots of fun.  Thanks.

What are your specs? I'm running an i5 7600k @4.5Ghz and a 1060 in VR. Can maintain 30fps at EGNM with high XP settings. The scenery is a bit more heavy on frames than other airports but its jaw dropping scenery and worth the purchase in my opinion. Well pleased. Looking forward to more, especially EGGP if its in the pipeline somewhere.

15 hours ago, MM100 said:

For some reason this airport is a FPS killer near the terminal area (~20).  I'm getting 7-10 lower FPS compared with EGNX and I don't understand why given similar complexity.  BTW - EGNX initially had FPS issues due to parking lot lights which now seem to be completely fixed and FPS is great.  Not sure if it was an Orbx or XP update that did the trick.

Orbx team, can you please try to optimize FPS for Leeds?  Otherwise, the airport looks great and slopped runway is lots of fun.  Thanks.

As Dazzleruk says, please provide your PC specs and also your XP settings. The airport requires updates to TEGB Central, the installation of SAM (which should have happened when installing EGNM). The release notes also emphasise the need to potentially reduce your Texture Settings in XP to High in order to reduce the amount of vram demand.

On 9/23/2019 at 2:08 PM, John Mckinstray said:

Thanks Jon/Scott, my graphics card is an RTX 2080Ti, but has only 11gb RAM, I might wait a little to see what the feedback on the various board brings, but appreciate your input:)

For what its worth, I get this at EGNM - version 11.40b3 XP on two different settings

dhc2ttundra - 2019-09-24 22.36.59.jpg

dhc2ttundra - 2019-09-24 22.25.16.jpg

dhc2ttundra - 2019-09-24 22.24.42.jpg

dhc2ttundra - 2019-09-24 22.38.06.jpg

dhc2ttundra - 2019-09-24 22.39.41.jpg

I'm on a iMac which may be part of the problem. :D  That said, my comparison is relative to other Orbx sceneries (I own 20+) and other major airport (e.g. MisterX KLAX).  Using mostly high settings, I typically get around 23-35 FPS near terminals depending on the aircraft.  Leeds appears to be more demanding and below this range.  Again, problem is mostly around the gate area and FPS on the runway is fine.  For example, try starting at gate 8 or gate 11 using Toliss or Zibo.  I'm trying to figure out if other users are seeing a similar drop or if issue is on my end.  If yes, is there is a potential solution from the dev (e.g. option to use lower res textures). 

Agree that this is an excellent looking airport and no regrets buying.  Thank you Orbx for continuing to release great products.

6 minutes ago, MM100 said:

I'm on a iMac which may be part of the problem. :D  That said, my comparison is relative to other Orbx sceneries (I own 20+) and other major airport (e.g. MisterX KLAX).  Using mostly high settings, I typically get around 23-35 FPS near terminals depending on the aircraft.  Leeds appears to be more demanding and below this range.  Again, problem is mostly around the gate area and FPS on the runway is fine.  For example, try starting at gate 8 or gate 11 using Toliss or Zibo.  I'm trying to figure out if other users are seeing a similar drop or if issue is on my end.  If yes, is there is a potential solution from the dev (e.g. option to use lower res textures). 

Agree that this is an excellent looking airport and no regrets buying.  Thank you Orbx for continuing to release great products.

Just for test purposes, have you reduced the Texture setting to High? Also, again for testing, change your AA setting to FXAA only. Changing Texture setting requires an exit from XP and then a restart for the change to effect. The AA setting change is instantaneous. I also had poor fps at the gates but now I use AA setting of FXAA only and then revert back to 2xssaa+fxaa after quickly entering the settings option. My AA settings are low because I have a 4K monitor and don't need as much AA.

Archived