Scandinavian Blue MD-82

TigerTigerM

8 minutes ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

TTM, no disrespect to the painter here, but this reminds me of the old days when the artist Alexander Calder was commissioned to design paints for Braniff Airlines. The pilots hated the avant garde splotches and took much kidding from pilots of other airlines. . 

Rodger

Do you think it should appear as it does, or they never finished the job??

TTM

3 hours ago, TigerTigerM said:

Unusual livery on this MaddogX MD-82 near Arlanda.

Not sure if its meant to look like this, or is in need of repair.

The aircraft reg, (LN-RMD), is back to front too.

Just searched 'LN-RMD' on everyone's favourite data hoarder... Definitely broken.
Little disappointing as that's an 'interesting' livery and you had some nice background for it.
Ask for a refund! ;)

SAS_MD-82_LN-RMD.jpg

Looks like the .bmp wasn't flipped before saving the .dds (or was when it shouldn't have been).  Show me a painter who hasn't done that at last once!

Mike

Note - you might even be able to fix it yourself.  Download DXTbmp, open the dds, flip it (an up/down arrow button on the bottom left) and save.  Can't see why it wouldn't work.

Edit again: I've just downloaded and installed.  Looks fine.  It's an updated zip file.  Try re-downloading and re-install.

12 hours ago, F737NG said:

Just searched 'LN-RMD' on everyone's favourite data hoarder... Definitely broken.
Little disappointing as that's an 'interesting' livery and you had some nice background for it.
Ask for a refund! ;)

SAS_MD-82_LN-RMD.jpg

I don't think I paid for it.

Need to dig back into the files to ascertain from where I acquired it:)

TTM

Archived