One approaching Mt Rainer

andy1252

Like the title says

KzYaV30.jpg

I've just installed Honolulu for P3D4, and also LYBE. Both are very fine products, but I realise lately that I just don't get the same buzz moving around in P3D. I actually tend to enjoy exploring at ground level more than flying in a lot of places, because that way I get to see all the good stuff Orbx does up close, and don't get distracted by what I now see as the failings of P3D. I'll keep with it for a while yet, and who knows what a v5 might bring if it ever happens.

But for right now, for me, the vibe in XP is pretty hard to beat. And no, I'm not trying to start a "mine's better than yours" thing here - I'm not interested in persuading anybody to do anything. Getting up and about in XP, and particularly in the True Earth environment (although I have some wonderful other ortho based stuff as well which is almost as good), it really feels like I'm there. I found myself looking at little valleys and collections of houses down below me on the flight out of Seattle that this shot comes from and actually thinking things like "that looks like a nice place to live" or "I'd love to take a drive around there". It really does feel that real (maybe I should just get out more <grin>).

Huge thanks to all at Orbx for making this happen - it really is transformational.

I really really hate to be a word moron but this is my mountain; I had my honeymoon on this mountain, i have hiked completely around my mountain, many times, I go there every 5 years to celebrate my anniversary which by the way was 45 years recently...I've seen several posts with "my mountain". And folks keep spelling it wrong.

Its called....Mount Rainier!   :)

Oh, nice shot by the way.

2 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Grand shot.

cheers

Iain

Thanks, Iain

2 hours ago, fltsimguy said:

Its called....Mount Rainier! 

Hi FSG, and sorry about that. It was a typo rather than a mis-naming. I would never insult another man's mountain! I had to look it up on LittleNavMap as my knowledge of the area is minimal so I knew what it was called, but obviously my fingers failed me. Not a great hiker myself, but I can appreciate what it must be like to be on there - it looks magnificent.

1 hour ago, Boss1 said:

Superb shot!

Cheers Boss!

1 hour ago, lifejogger said:

An excellent shot!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks John

1 hour ago, BobT said:

Super shot!

Cheers Bob

57 minutes ago, andy1252 said:

Hi FSG, and sorry about that. It was a typo rather than a mis-naming. I would never insult another man's mountain! I had to look it up on LittleNavMap as my knowledge of the area is minimal so I knew what it was called, but obviously my fingers failed me. Not a great hiker myself, but I can appreciate what it must be like to be on there - it looks magnificent

Glad you can see I was only joking around.  Several folks have posted shots of the mountain and there have been several spelling mistakes.

Folks who live in the area are often heard saying....."is the mountain out today?" They actually don't specify which mountain because, well, its "the mountain" - like duh, what else would it be.

10 minutes ago, fltsimguy said:

Folks who live in the area are often heard saying....."is the mountain out today?" They actually don't specify which mountain because, well, its "the mountain" - like duh, what else would it be.

Hi Bryan, actually, before I got there and then looked it up on the map, I was mentally referring to it as "Mt Pointy", but don't tell anyone else that <grin>

7 hours ago, fltsimguy said:

I really really hate to be a word moron but this is my mountain; I had my honeymoon on this mountain, i have hiked completely around my mountain, many times, I go there every 5 years to celebrate my anniversary which by the way was 45 years recently...I've seen several posts with "my mountain". And folks keep spelling it wrong.

Its called....Mount Rainier!   :)

Oh, nice shot by the way.

Just like the guy who got Grace Kelly.

Archived