Klamath Falls - local.

olderndirt

As the sun sinks in the west, we'll take some customers up to look at Crater Lake.

klama1.png

The actual 'Falls' but they've been dammed into submission.  Below the dam they become the Klamath River and it runs for 257 miles before outflow into the Pacific a few miles south of Crescent City.

klamat2.png

klamat3.png

klamat4.png

klamat5.png

Blue Velvet.

klamat6.png

21 minutes ago, BradB said:

Wow - Outstanding shots OND , what XVision preset are we wearing tonight . :):rolleyes::D

Cheers

John

John , I use the 'mpressive for lua' with all 'Renault' values entered plus I'm also using the his 'resolution downsampling'.  Most now I don't lay a glove on and they seem fine from the 'V' key.  I do often use separate images, one for the scenery and one for the plane to get the angle I want - then, of course PS is involved to make a single shot. 

5 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

These look great OND but I'm curious, do you post process these?

I'm getting excellent results just doing what 'Renault' says with both XVision and 'downsampling' - got one of those 'Turing' 1660ti cards and it's doing good things.  When I'm using a single shot (both plane and scenery in a single 'V' key) then they're pretty well ready for prime time.  Sometimes I use separate shots and put 'em together in PS - this is a good time to enhance the plane perhaps or do something with the background.

4 minutes ago, olderndirt said:

When I'm using a single shot (both plane and scenery in a single 'V' key) then they're pretty well ready for prime time.  Sometimes I use separate shots and put 'em together in PS - this is the time to enhance the plane perhaps or do something with the background.

So how do you cut out the plane to superimpose it in the scenery?  Isn't this a lot of work?

Just now, Jack Sawyer said:

So how do you cut out the plane to superimpose it in the scenery?  Isn't this a lot of work?

You could call it that but it's a hobby and enjoy all of it.  At my age, a lot of my former things, carpentry, flying and others are beyond my range of ability so this is my compromise.  

Just now, olderndirt said:

You could call it that but it's a hobby and enjoy all of it.  At my age, a lot of my former things, carpentry, flying and others are beyond my range of ability so this is my compromise.  

Very good, I know how much work this is because sometimes in my comics I have to do the same with clip art.

25 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Same here.  It's just that I always thought your's were straight screen shots.  I only post straight screen captures in both sims with no processing whatsoever.  

I've always 'fessed up to editing but, with the onset of some really fine scenery and some excellent advice from Pete, I'm finding that 'straight from the V key' often works fine.

16 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Same here.  It's just that I always thought your's were straight screen shots.  I only post straight screen captures in both sims with no processing whatsoever.  

16 hours ago, olderndirt said:

11 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Fine set of shots. 

cheers 

Iain 

One of the aspects of this forum that I most enjoy is the opportunity to allow every member to contribute screenshots featuring Orbx scenery in terms of both their own personal aesthetic and their individual best efforts. 

We should enjoy it for what it is - an opportunity to make our contributions in our own way and for all of us to enjoy what we do participating in the forum.

I believe in a very simple philosophy - one gets what one gives in life .

My contribution is in some ideas along with some screenshots (some bad, some maybe not so much) that hopefully  from time to time will increase the personal enjoyment of my fellow members . And what I get back is in spades - immense satisfaction at seeing how others have used those thoughts with individual creativity to create some simply stunning images.

Cheers

Pete

Archived