BUG REPORT - Pearson Field and TrueEarth Oregon HD

Hi Orbx team;

After asking, I was advised to post this here.  If this is not where this goes, please let me know. B)

I have had Pearson Field for quite some time and obtained TE Oregon HD a couple of days ago.  Of course, the first place I went was Pearson Field.  It looks like TE has introduced a slight anomaly to a taxiway at Pearson.  Also, Pearson did not have blue taxi lights around the apron and now it does but they did not get captured in the screenshots.

I have all of Pearson (three parts) loaded under Airports and all of TE loads after that in its appropriate order.  I am using v 11.36r2 which, I think (always hard to really know) is not a beta.  I do not have any other meshes or orthophotos overlapping this region. 

Just thought you might want to know.  By the way, these are both fantastic and amazing pieces of work.  I hope the day comes that you turn your talents to the New England area of the US.  Everyone seems to enjoy the west coast so much but the northeast also overs some fantastic mountain areas and lots of water along with many major cities.

Cheers and thanks for the hard work.

Anyway:

This is Pearson as it was:

Pearson1.thumb.png.ef79dc3e0d28a3848515b3d7c99ef176.png

This is Person with only TrueEarth:

TE.thumb.png.76b526677c3eb8d9a540d4bf24971d47.png

and this is Pearson and TE together:

Pearson.thumb.png.1b4836b4e6ceb6d2053a433090bdd25e.png

Hello -

Thank you for reporting this, I just discovered the same thing while testing an upcoming update to Oregon HD and reported it in - if it’s too late to make this round of updates and improvements I’m sure it will be smoothed out with the next round of fixes.

Thanks,

Steve

• 2 months later...
13 minutes ago, Jon Clarke said:

@Janči Valko It is not looking likely in all honesty, due to the Devs current workload. 

Thanks Jon. But can we get some estimate? It seems to me that you are releasing a lot of products but not fixing issues that are reported for months. Do we really need to wait for months to have this kind of issues fixed? Same situation with KORS. This products are copy-paste from P3D, for the same price, with less features and with bugs. This is really disrespectful to your customers and looks like you don't really care about quality anymore. I'm not buying payware airports so I can wait indefinitely for developers fix the issue that is causing me the prop strike. I really can find better ways to spend my money.

• Nick Cooper changed the title to BUG REPORT - Pearson Field and TrueEarth Oregon HD
Just now, Jon Clarke said:

Your frustration and comments are noted Janci. As you are no doubt aware this is out of the Support staff's hands but has been mentioned to the Devs.

I'm aware Jon, and I'm not angry at you. But I have no other ways to let Orbx know about my issues, and so far every time I asked only responses were "it's noted", "it's in developer's hands", "we don't know when", "we mentioned it to developers"....

So far the reality is that you are releasing a lot of products for Xplane, some of them just ports from P3D and their issues are not being fixed while more products get released. Maybe give us all Xplane users a nice gift for Christmas and fix elevation at KVUO and KORS together with water masking issues around 74S. I can' imagine how this very simple fixes can take one developer more than one day. Until then, I'm not buying anything else from Orbx.

You mentioned issues to the devs, good. I will mention my issues to the community, so they don't buy broken products.

1 hour ago, Janči Valko said:

I can' imagine how this very simple fixes can take one developer more than one day. Until then, I'm not buying anything else from Orbx.

Hello,

I do not seek to make an excuse here but until you have at least met and had a conversation with a developer of products like this

it probably is not clear how something small could be "put on the back burner".

I have and I understand some of the problems that there can be which can result in apparently small errors being overlooked or sometimes not even fixed.

These True Earth products are massive, unlike an airport and often, even with an airport, to fix a small error in one place can require

the modification of a  much larger area, which in turn can lead to new anomalies elsewhere.

I realise that customers have all paid and have expectations and I expect that in due course the bug reports in this dedicated forum will be attended to.

1 hour ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

I do not seek to make an excuse here but until you have at least met and had a conversation with a developer of products like this

it probably is not clear how something small could be "put on the back burner".

I have and I understand some of the problems that there can be which can result in apparently small errors being overlooked or sometimes not even fixed.

These True Earth products are massive, unlike an airport and often, even with an airport, to fix a small error in one place can require

the modification of a  much larger area, which in turn can lead to new anomalies elsewhere.

I realise that customers have all paid and have expectations and I expect that in due course the bug reports in this dedicated forum will be attended to.

Nick thanks for your response but it's just more and more excuses. I really don't understand how the main taxiway having 1 foot drop leading to prop strike can be "put on the back burner" with payware products like yours. It's been 3 months since this issue was reported. Meanwhile another TrueEarth product was released. What am I supposed to think about that? Do you think I will buy it when I see how you handle bugs?

I have a lot of experiences with developers that push out new products before they fix the old ones and not just in flight sim market. Most of the time it means they are not going to be fixed ever. And I have the same feeling here, because apparently this was not even a bug report until today. Again I am very disappointed, today I only learned here what I already knew  - "We don't know when and if it will be fixed"

3 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Yes, when you ask the same question again and again, you must expect the answer to be the same.

We understand but have done everything we can do except fix the anomalies.

I can do nothing for your sense of perspective and do not seek to. 

I wanted an estimate. If you can't even provide that it means bug fix is not planed. Say it like that, so people can see.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have TE Washington HD + Anacortes  in X-Plane 11 and am experiencing a similar problem, I think.  The water masking has strange square indentations everywhere around the island.  I have tried reordering the scenery file all sorts of ways and nothing affects this.  How do I go about requesting a refund, as it seems these sorts of bugs are not being addressed?

Thanks!

image.thumb.png.f188330c28c7ffe8e6eadb8a2bd2d765.png

On 5/28/2020 at 7:45 AM, srathe said:

I have TE Washington HD + Anacortes  in X-Plane 11 and am experiencing a similar problem, I think.  The water masking has strange square indentations everywhere around the island.  I have tried reordering the scenery file all sorts of ways and nothing affects this.  How do I go about requesting a refund, as it seems these sorts of bugs are not being addressed?

Thanks!

image.thumb.png.f188330c28c7ffe8e6eadb8a2bd2d765.png

Hello there - that is a known bug that has taken awhile to fix, but very good news - I’m beta testing the fix for this (and other Washington) issues now and this area looks fantastic again with the water mask issue gone.

If we’re testing the patch it must be quite close to release to the public, perhaps a few weeks.

Thanks for your patience - this area is my all time favorite to fly in so I, too, have been anxiously awaiting a fix.

Steve

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived