LFLJ Courchevel, France to LIMN Cameri, Italy Military Base

M110A2

I wanted a different place to fly and to see what P3D had to offer as far as scenery besides North America with ORBX Global Base, Global Buildings HD and Global Trees HD. Looks like Global openLC Europe is in order soon, can't wait to see it in P3D.

Courchevel, Franch.jpg

Courchevel, France1.jpg

French Alps.jpg

French Alps1.jpg

French Alps2.jpg

French Alps3.jpg

Northern Italy.jpg

Northern Italy1.jpg

Northern Italy2.jpg

Cameri Military Base.jpg

You will enjoy OpenLC EU ! 

To enjoy even more flying the Alps, two other things will help

- get yourself a good mesh (19 m or below) to see sharp peaks and not rounded mountains

- see that you have the Orbx freeware airports EU package plus the Saanen and Asiago airfields  (also freeware)

You can have a feeling of them  in a couple of my videos.

6 hours ago, dominique said:

You will enjoy OpenLC EU ! 

To enjoy even more flying the Alps, two other things will help

- get yourself a good mesh (19 m or below) to see sharp peaks and not rounded mountains

- see that you have the Orbx freeware airports EU package plus the Saanen and Asiago airfields  (also freeware)

You can have a feeling of them  in a couple of my videos.

Thanks Dominique, I have Saanen and Asiago, but don't see Airports EU package in the freeware section. What slider am I using to set the Mesh in P3D v4.5 to 19 or below?

6 hours ago, Aussieflyer38 said:

Great shots mate - haven't forgotten your Vegemite, :D but never did find Nelson.

Don

Thanks Don, Try the Global Airport Pack, it's under ORBX Freeware. I have it for FSX and P3D v4.5.

30 minutes ago, M110A2 said:

Thanks Dominique, I have Saanen and Asiago, but don't see Airports EU package in the freeware section. What slider am I using to set the Mesh in P3D v4.5 to 19 or below?

You need to buy a 3rd party mesh (leave your slider at 5 m !) or download one  if you find a freeware. The default mesh is not good enough to show the Alps in their splendor.

I thought  OrbX had a special pack for EU, I may be mistaken . I was thinking of   https://orbxdirect.com/product/ftx-global-airport-pack  (many of them in Europe have been made by Sylvain Delepierre who made Asiago and Saanen). You can crisscross the Alps with them. 

5 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Nice Vince but my Courcheval in P3D looks a lot different than your's.  Mine is a tiny runway on a plateau in the mountains :wacko:

That's where I at least think I took off from, Halloween Day. I saved it and will look.

12 hours ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

dominique, I followed your link to TouTube and watched your videos. Great Job there. Truly enjoyable. Thanks!

Thank you  Rodger, appreciated . Another side hobby to flight simulation that I  discovered two years ago. I like RPGs but at the end of a game, that's it !  The game is over. With flight simulation you can do plenty of other stuff, screenshots , videos, repaints, sceneries, and, for the smarter of us (not me...), aircraft.  Even if you are not the Leonard of the flight simulation world, it keeps the interest up. 

Archived