Scenery Library order after Orbx Central

capt sl

Hi

Just noticed, my scenery library order has gone haywire. All Ftx entries have gone to the top, and other addon scenery are now below. Also for some weird reason I now have 17 OZx_AUS , OZx_LIB entries as well

This is in FSX.

• Doug Sawatzky changed the title to Scenery Library order after Orbx Central

Thank you for your report @capt sl.

We've added an issue to our list regarding the duplicate OZx entries.

You will unfortunately need to manually remove the existing duplicate OZx entries from your scenery library.

To avoid Central adding more, go to ORBX/Scripts and look for a file starting with "scenerylib" that also has OZx in the name. Change the extension of that file to .off (or move it somewhere else).

We hope to have a fix for this soon :)

2 minutes ago, Beldwick said:

@Ben McClintock

Is there any chance for a follow up post knowing what is being worked on currently with an expected time frame?

best regards

Marek Mysior

Hi Marek,

We've already completed most of the major changes we wanted to make (which is why we've been less active in this subforum over the past few days). This update will release within 24 hours.

I'm hoping to get a post out today detailing those changes and what we're working on in the near future. It's no secret that this has been quite a bumpy release, but we genuinely want to make Central the premier platform for managing your Orbx scenery, and we won't stop until we get there :)

34 minutes ago, Ben McClintock said:

Hi Marek,

We've already completed most of the major changes we wanted to make (which is why we've been less active in this subforum over the past few days). This update will release within 24 hours.

I'm hoping to get a post out today detailing those changes and what we're working on in the near future. It's no secret that this has been quite a bumpy release, but we genuinely want to make Central the premier platform for managing your Orbx scenery, and we won't stop until we get there :)

Thank You Ben!

I am keeping my fingers crossed for the success and waiting for an update :)

13 minutes ago, Luke Gorman said:

Hi,

Just to let you know, this issue has now been resolved and the fix will be available in the next Orbx Central update.

Until then, please use the method which Ben explained above.

Thanks,

Luke

Is there any estimation when this update will be released?

Best regards

MM

Hi capt sl

I have the same problem with OZx entries in the library.

Every time I uninstall or install a product via ORBX Central the tool adds the OZx folders OZx_AUS, OZx_Lib and OZx-NA  to the library .

An other problem I have is, when I untick the boxes of the multiple OZx folders in the scenery library in FSX, ORBX Central double the default FSX entries in the library.

I use only FSX.

In the German Forum you can find more details about my problems with ORBX Central in conjunction with FSX.

Heinz

4 hours ago, Beldwick said:

Perfect! Will issues with ORBX Central placing Open LC entries above regions be resolved as well?

Regards

MM

+1

Installed after a long time my sim today again (P4D) with the new central and my Scenery library looks strange too.

image.png.3082aff79adf9e5a6f5a7d3ab8e21e91.png

image.png.a1c63ce894b66eb3b53296a2647c2bbc.png

Shouldnt be LIBS be prio 1 and then the rest?

image.png.1bfd3eec9a3dac1c76e9ab4cc5f3ac0e.png

Hello,

libraries can be anywhere in a scenery library because they are a resource to be drawn

on by other products and therefore entirely passive.

Does your scenery work with your entries in that order?

I ask because I do not know, I have not gone down the xml path yet.

I had similar library strangeness on my first Orbx Central install, but what was unfortunate is that my install was a 100% clean Prepar3D v4.5 installation - I re-imaged my PC and installed entirely fresh with no other addon software items installed. Seemingly without any outside influences, it still had difficulty handling the proper scenery layering.

(Win10 1903, Prepar3d v4.5HF1,  Orbx Central 4.0.6 - Global, Vector, oLC NA, two airports)

Like AUA9085 above, insertion points were left as defaults shown in his post. I opted to install all items directly into the simulator directory paths instead of using the XML/Library method.

All of my Orbx items ended up lumped together at the very top of my scenery library... Vector was up at the very top of the library and was not in the correct order in reference to itself - in addition, the AEC entry was commingled among the other Vector entries too. Entries for oLC_NA were not in the correct order, but at least was located below my two airport purchases, which was correct. This layering caused significant problems with scenery, most evident around the two Orbx addon airports.

To solve for this, I installed P3Dv3 and the older FTX Central, and reinstalled all my Orbx addons there. I documented the scenery order, and then used Lorby's tool to reconfigure my P3Dv4 install. All is working as it should now.

I'd recommend anyone looking to jump into Orbx Central take quick notes on what their scenery library looks like prior to jumping in. It could prove to be a very useful backup in the event you need to manually correct your scenery layering.

-Greg

I remember that it was recommendend in the past, that the OrbxLibs are always on top of everything.

What I just saw is in my scenery.cfg orbx libs are the latest entry, so, the entrys from the addon xmls, comes after the scenery cfg. or before?

2 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

libraries can be anywhere in a scenery library because they are a resource to be drawn

I have created a topic in which I show what happens with that order on my side. It is here:

Reordering such that all OpenLC entries comes below regions removes all issues :)

I have done it manually by editing scenery.cfg and correcponding .xml files. This is something ORBX Central should be doing, automatic.  I hope it will be resolved in the upcoming patch. For now it works (untill I change anything in ORBX Central).

Regards,

Marek Mysior

7 hours ago, Beldwick said:

This is something ORBX Central should be doing, automatic

Hi Marek,

We've done a lot of changes to the way scenery is ordered which will resolve this issue.

We will most likely release this to Fastlane users over the weekend (once it has gone through our internal testing).

On 8/22/2019 at 6:52 PM, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

Hey, I did a complete refresh of my computer so I can not say if everything is working fine.

I just want to ask before I install all my scenery if the ordering is correct from ORBX, because I have 0 experience with the new central.

BTW: I installed the latest central update but still the same ordering.

So the question is: Is the ordering correct how it looks like now?

image.thumb.png.205f7a67904dfa93453dfdc9c49dcb6b.png

scenery.cfg

Archived