Sad news; Seair crash

Larry_R

Very sad news; a Seair crash as reported here:

https://vancouverisland.ctvnews.ca/at-least-four-dead-after-small-plane-crashes-off-vancouver-island-1.4525406

As some may know, the Seair facility in Nanaimo is modeled in some detail in Orbx CAC8. I've stood on their dock many times, and I suspect I've seen the very plane that crashed a number of times. Even though I've never flown with them (always Kenmore Air) it still feels like a family loss.

Larry

14 hours ago, Larry_R said:

Very sad news; a Seair crash as reported here:

https://vancouverisland.ctvnews.ca/at-least-four-dead-after-small-plane-crashes-off-vancouver-island-1.4525406

As some may know, the Seair facility in Nanaimo is modeled in some detail in Orbx CAC8. I've stood on their dock many times, and I suspect I've seen the very plane that crashed a number of times. Even though I've never flown with them (always Kenmore Air) it still feels like a family loss.

Larry

Myself as well Larry, I heard the news last night and turned to my wife of 45 years and said "oh good lord, and I think of the 100s of flights I took from north island to wilderness destinations in that area and enjoying every moment but in the back of my mind was always, could this be the trip that I don't make it home" we flew in some very scary conditions so hard to not have a small element of "fear".

My sympathies to those families who have lost loved ones.

Bryan

If you look at the top most dangerous occupations in North America, commercial pilot is near the top. Its the regionals, and bush flyers. Many flying with low time, and in demanding conditions. I still remember some one from high school, started out on a commercial career, flight from Penticton to Calgary, still haven't found him.

Archived