Learning to fly ... emphasis on the "learning"

renault

Just a couple. Decided my flying skills needed improvement.

I got a way to go :(

As always , thanks for taking the time to have a view

Cheers

Renault

Just out of Concrete Muni 
MoKusrX.jpg

And then just a few mouse clicks and we're a continent away:)

Compton Abbas near Shaftesbury ...
Ngft9xV.jpg

Just heading north to Shaftesbury . It's only about 3 km.
5W83h9y.jpg

And now we'll head back . I got this flying stuff good now:rolleyes:
ZkMUIwz.jpg

TE Washington is very nice, but TE GBS is pretty cool as well
xuFwJgt.jpg

And there we are again - Compton Abbas
EInOTY8.jpg

Oh did I tell you, I've decided to work on my flying skills a bit ( skills is not quite where I'm at yet)
ckjK7yW.jpg

Watched a bunch of you tube videos. They make it look so easy !
But let me tell you - it's not, but I made it down in one piece. My friend Jack would be proud I hope:D
tNgVda9.jpg

I love the views of the countryside ...
crACpCi.jpg

And here I am all parked. Didn't hit anything, didn't run over anybody ... A minor success
DkBt9ZO.jpg

Thanks so much for tagging along again.
hryAN9A.jpg

Earlier today. It almost looks like I know what I'm doing but it's an illusion???
nw3pKAQ.jpg

Forgot what I was doing and just stared out the window and ...
u62Ntc8.jpg

See what I mean
bkSkuG4.jpg

I did manage to make a "Thames dipper" so no real folks were injured or harmed in the making of this sequence!

Cheers all
Renault

An excellent narration with you flight R.

Compton has to be my favourite airfield in the UK, surrounded by the beautiful Dorset countryside.

I have no need to hone my flying skills though, as I don't have any!:o:huh::(:lol:

Cylinder Head Temperature and it's not realistic.  That little continental could run at the redline 'til it ran dry and just be hot to touch.  Don't be discouraged about the flamer unless, of course, you didn't get out :)

9 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Excellent Pete!  Nice landing in the first set and it looks like you had just a minor problem in the last one, easily fixable with some duct tape. ;)

Back before duct tape, 3M made a product that was the equivalent of Naval gunport tape.  Alaskan pilots named it '100 mile an hour tape' and for a long time it was part of the state emergency gear required package for aircraft.

Just now, olderndirt said:

Back before duct tape, 3M made a product that was the equivalent of Naval gunport tape.  Alaskan pilots named it '100 mile an hour tape' and for a long time it was part of the state emergency gear required package for aircraft.

Cool, I love info like this OND.

26 minutes ago, olderndirt said:

The good old days when a bit of wire and or tape would fix almost anything.;)

Now with everything being electronic, one skerrick of moisture and the whole day comes to a grinding halt.:ph34r:

That is my experience with vehicles so I expect the same applies to aviation.:unsure:

Why  am keeping my clockwork 1999 Ford Falcon as long as I can, even the tape player still works!:lol::wub:

On 7/13/2019 at 6:43 PM, BradB said:

Yep Renault , you have the best looking shots on the forum ; however as you say your flying skills need improvement . :D:rolleyes::unsure::lol:

Cheers

John

Thank you John

I don't agree at all with your first comment ( there are simply so many outstanding ones today, that I continually strive to make mine better) but I do agree with the second!

Cheers

Pete

On 7/13/2019 at 6:43 PM, VH-KDK said:

An excellent narration with you flight R.

Compton has to be my favourite airfield in the UK, surrounded by the beautiful Dorset countryside.

I have no need to hone my flying skills though, as I don't have any!:o:huh::(:lol:

Thanks Martyn

It is really such a neat little airfield

And we have much in common - it's good to know that I'm not alone with my lack of skills:)

Cheers

R

On 7/13/2019 at 6:49 PM, Jack Sawyer said:

Excellent Pete!  Nice landing in the first set and it looks like you had just a minor problem in the last one, easily fixable with some duct tape. ;)

Ah the infamous Duct tape. I would be lost without it!

Cheers & thanks

R

On 7/13/2019 at 11:04 PM, Iain Emms said:

Great set of shots.

cheers

Iain

Thanks so much Iain!

Cheers Sir

Pete

On 7/13/2019 at 11:13 PM, adambar said:

Sigh!  Well practice makes perfect so they say. :D

Thanks Adam