Hopefully Leeds & Sheffield

These are for @F737NG

Hi, I only had the time to leave EGNM and head southeast.  I hope I went far enough, please tell me if this is correct.  I will go to the others when I have more time.

XjOUTrb.jpg

gSRDzXg.jpg

sABERpM.jpg

f8pt7XA.jpg

xJnYVhs.jpg

I changed the time of day.

c7BuSIM.jpg

QMMiXYB.jpg

Gbsf9NL.jpg

BgEN5TR.jpg

NDAhRYT.jpg

ALuHlZX.jpg

yolNmm8.jpg

SJA484l.jpg

CO7gx9R.jpg

A0Rls2P.jpg

s2Pdt1C.jpg

zrqCif8.jpg

DqrUGyD.jpg

4 minutes ago, vfr_steve said:

Firstly really lovely shots, but the colours are crazy vivid here and very unrealistic to how the UK looks.

Thanks, I’ll have to try a different preset for  xVision as I’m using Renault’s.

1 hour ago, vfr_steve said:

No worries, please don't get me wrong however, as I still thoroughly enjoyed your shots. 

Thanks Steve.  They look nice on my monitor but even OND said they're too bright so I must see what I can do.  He recommended the Nordic preset.

Nice pics @Jack Sawyer and thanks for hunting for some POIs for me.

Leeds city centre looks good to this Southerner.

Sheffield is a good 35 miles south of Leeds, so your flight ended-up a bit short (and because of some bad directions I gave you) slightly in the wrong direction!
That being said, it's great to see that in pics #12 and #13 a POI such as an indoor ski slope (Xscape Yorkshire) away from the big cities being modelled. Had not expected that to appear.

Thanks again and I hope you enjoyed the random flying about? I thought you were going to land your yellow Cub in that yellow field of Rapeseed!

46 minutes ago, BradB said:

These look great Jack , however where are the orange fiery flames ..........:):rolleyes::o:lol:

Cheers

John

Thanks John, I asked them not to show up but I had a fire extinguisher handy just in case. ;)

40 minutes ago, F737NG said:

Nice pics @Jack Sawyer and thanks for hunting for some POIs for me.

Leeds city centre looks good to this Southerner.

Sheffield is a good 35 miles south of Leeds, so your flight ended-up a bit short (and because of some bad directions I gave you) slightly in the wrong direction!
That being said, it's great to see that in pics #12 and #13 a POI such as an indoor ski slope (Xscape Yorkshire) away from the big cities being modelled. Had not expected that to appear.

Thanks again and I hope you enjoyed the random flying about? I thought you were going to land your yellow Cub in that yellow field of Rapeseed!

I have your map and post printed out so I can go to the next airport and if you'll tell me what airport and heading I'll gladly do it.  It's interesting to me too.

26 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I have your map and post printed out so I can go to the next airport and if you'll tell me what airport and heading I'll gladly do it.  It's interesting to me too.

If you have it in XP, head towards the old airfield of EGSY (closed) which was about 3 miles E.N.E. of Sheffield.
Failing that, try flying towards EGCA Coal Aston airfield which is about 5 - 6 miles S.S.E. of the city or as a last resort EGNF Netherthorpe airfield located 12 - 13 miles S.E. of the city.

Enjoy!

Just now, adambar said:

Probably a little more vivid look than natural, but they still look darn nice Jack! :)

Really?  On my monitors they look excellent, both on the PC and my iMac, this is baffling to me.  I don't have time tonight to change things but I am going to have to.  Thanks Adam.

10 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Really?  On my monitors they look excellent, both on the PC and my iMac, this is baffling to me.  I don't have time tonight to change things but I am going to have to.  Thanks Adam.

Jack you wil probally be hard pressed to find screenshots that all look alike on everyone's monitor. I know mine look different on my tablet.

Just now, adambar said:

Jack you wil probally be hard pressed to find screenshots that all look alike on everyone's monitor. I know mine look different on my tablet than the monitor.

Thanks Adam, but I'm gonna change it to Nordic and see if it changes things.

3 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Adam, but I'm gonna change it to Nordic and see if it changes things.

I know that when I change cloud textures in REX that the atmospheric and the terrain properties change as well, but that's what it's designed to do.

insurance claim......back in the 80's we had Cruise missiles here, we used to go on decoy exercises, the farmers could always put in a claim for damaged fields, they used to give us some crates of beer to chase CND protesters across a field, then in went the claim I guess.....

7 hours ago, wain71 said:

insurance claim......back in the 80's we had Cruise missiles here, we used to go on decoy exercises, the farmers could always put in a claim for damaged fields, they used to give us some crates of beer to chase CND protesters across a field, then in went the claim I guess.....

Gosh do I remember those CND guys.  I remember an F-111 mistakenly dropped his fuel tanks and killed some sheep.  The Air Force had to reimburse the poor guy.

Even in the UK, where distances are less, flying cross country in a 65 hp J3 is very ambitious.  As close as you are to the ground, in some shots,  your autogen and POI's don't blend because of the photoreal flatness of the rest.  3000 and above seems to overcome this but, of course, your POI's are harder to see. 

24 minutes ago, olderndirt said:

Even in the UK, where distances are less, flying cross country in a 65 hp J3 is very ambitious.  As close as you are to the ground, in some shots,  your autogen and POI's don't blend because of the photoreal flatness of the rest.  3000 and above seems to overcome this but, of course, your POI's are harder to see. 

I thought it was fun flying so slow in the Cub.  Ok, so I’ll now fly at a mandatory 3000 feet.

1 minute ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I thought it was fun flying so slow in the Cub.  Ok, so I’ll now fly at a mandatory 3000 feet.

Nothing is mandatory 'cept death, taxes and stand for the National Anthem - photoreal has always looked better from altitude.

These would have to be the most unrealistic images I have seen from Yorkshire Jack!:o

For a start there are no natives running around in animal skins with their spears.:lol:

Where is the rain, sunny blue skies ooop north, never! Always overcast and dreary.:unsure:

Power lines? I didn't think they had electricity north of Watford.:huh:

OK. A great set Jack of a wonderful part of the planet.

Many happy memories of visits to the North of England where I met a lot of friendly people.:)

6 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

These would have to be the most unrealistic images I have seen from Yorkshire Jack!:o

For a start there are no natives running around in animal skins with their spears.:lol:

Where is the rain, sunny blue skies ooop north, never! Always overcast and dreary.:unsure:

Power lines? I didn't think they had electricity north of Watford.:huh:

OK. A great set Jack of a wonderful part of the planet.

Many happy memories of visits to the North of England where I met a lot of friendly people.:)

Thanks Martyn :lol:.  I remember those overcast days, people celebrated when the sun came out.

On 6/5/2019 at 12:51 PM, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Martyn :lol:.  I remember those overcast days, people celebrated when the sun came out.

some moan when it rains, then moan when the sun comes out, and we Brits really know how to talk about the weather......

Archived