Back to Saginaw

great shots Jack....still struggling with the GTN, I can't find anywhere in the book that explains procedure for Activating the approach, don't really understand how that bit works, I activate it it then just shows that leg but I continue to go straight.......maybe there is a tutorial or video somewhere that I am yet to find......

1 hour ago, wain71 said:

great shots Jack....still struggling with the GTN, I can't find anywhere in the book that explains procedure for Activating the approach, don't really understand how that bit works, I activate it it then just shows that leg but I continue to go straight.......maybe there is a tutorial or video somewhere that I am yet to find......

Thanks Wayne.  I see, ok, the reason the plane is still going straight is because the plane's autopilot is not coupled to the GTN.  Make sure of one or two things depending on the plane.  In the GTN, on the bottom center it's not in CDI (green) or on a 182 for example, the switch is in GPS mode.

7 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Wayne.  I see, ok, the reason the plane is still going straight is because the plane's autopilot is not coupled to the GTN.  Make sure of one or two things depending on the plane.  In the GTN, on the bottom center it's not in CDI (green) or on a 182 for example, the switch is in GPS mode.

Ok, cheers Jack....I just completed a flight in XP with JF's TB10, loaded Dirct TO, added an Approach, flew it using the GPS then activated the approach, it followed perfectly and as I swi=ung around I pressed APP on the AP and captured the ILS performing a text book landing...

I did find some more reading material in the area where the Garmin Trainer is....

Thanks...

8 minutes ago, wain71 said:

Ok, cheers Jack....I just completed a flight in XP with JF's TB10, loaded Dirct TO, added an Approach, flew it using the GPS then activated the approach, it followed perfectly and as I swi=ung around I pressed APP on the AP and captured the ILS performing a text book landing...

I did find some more reading material in the area where the Garmin Trainer is....

Thanks...

Brilliant Wayne.  Very glad to hear.  This is all-time FSX/P2D/XP add-on, bar none.

Terrific Shots Jack............Only other time I ever heard of Saginaw is here........!

Cathy, I said as we boarded a Greyhound in Pittsburgh
Michigan seems like a dream to me now
It took me four days to hitchhike from Saginaw
I've gone to look for America

Kev

13 minutes ago, Torchy821 said:

Terrific Shots Jack............Only other time I ever heard of Saginaw is here........!

Cathy, I said as we boarded a Greyhound in Pittsburgh
Michigan seems like a dream to me now
It took me four days to hitchhike from Saginaw
I've gone to look for America

Kev

Thanks Kev and that’s pretty cool!

Archived