Bear Gulch and FTX PNW

Kilstorm

Seems the only issue is elevation that puts a river/rut in the run way making it unusable to get to the hangar.  I'm sending an email to RealAir as well but this is a great little location worthy of the area.

If ORBX could check to see if it is a simple fix on their end or work with RealAir so they can provide a patch that would be great.

Bear Gulch is a freeware addon that comes with the Real Air Scout package that is consist of a dirt strip, Hangar, house and dock for those who are unfamiliar with it.

It really is a benefit to us customers that yourself and Holger are working with ORBX allowing the best of both worlds.  Instead of different interest in developing working against each other and conflicts in payware, were seeing the teams working together to enhance each others work.

I believe the original Emma Field X concept has been change since yourself and Holger have been working on the NA Blue bringing some of the stuff that was to be part of Emma into NA Blue...is there any info already published on what Emma is set to be now?

Looking at Vic and Van which will bring in AI traffic and other details to NA Blue, I would think Emma would be doing something of the same in the Olympic area and surrounding airports.

Thanks for your reply Bill.  I'm certain your time during this release and with the focus to get 1S2 and 7S3 out, your time is extremely limited.

• 3 months later...

Bear Gulch isn't really that much of a problem, proving you ain't trying to land something too big. The Cub (any variety) or the Bird Dog are both ideal for landing and taking off from there. Yeah it's a challenge, but hey, it's great fun trying to get into somewhere not just anyone can land at  ;D I would assume that the "mesh" at that tiny airport is pretty correct. The river does a sort of horse shoe shape round the runway, going across it near the beginning, and again at the end. I would expect the terrain to dip into that river. Just land, or take off, BETWEEN the rivers? Taxi "over" the river CAREFULLY, and Bobs your uncle job done  :D

• 6 years later...
42 minutes ago, wedge1047 said:

I`m confused, [not unusual], but isn`t Bear Gulch included in the Cushman Meadows scenery.

Cheers Reg

Yes it is indeed included with Cushman Meadows, so why use any other scenery addon than the OrbX version?

Hi All

I had a problem with a conflict at Bear Gulch Scenery due to a RealAir plane download-Citabria plus two other planes package I think and the Orbx Cushman Meadows download.

Both items had Bear Gulch scenery included .

I spoke to RealAir who advised me of the bgl files to remove from their setup- two items I seem to remember

All good after that.

xxd09

On 2/28/2010 at 6:12 PM, Bill Womack said:

I'll have a look at patching that up. Thing is, a vastly enhanced version of Bear Gulch is part of the Emma Field X package that I'm working on right now, so any fixes I make to the original version will be short-lived.

Emma X?

Emma Field was my very first add-on scenery product for... would it have been FS2k2?!

That is awesome news - looking forward to that one!

3 hours ago, Bill Womack said:

Guys, guys, look at the dates of some of these posts. The project that was being called Emma Field X changed and became Cushman Meadows, which itself was released years ago.

Hi Bill, Good to see you around again!

And in addition to what Bill said, Bill's Cushman Meadows incl. Bear Gulch was released after those ancient initial posts. :rolleyes:

On 9/7/2016 at 6:03 PM, Bill Womack said:

Guys, guys, look at the dates of some of these posts. The project that was being called Emma Field X changed and became Cushman Meadows, which itself was released years ago.

DOH! Boy do I feel sheepish!

I know that Cushman Meadows got done after Emma X changed - I even remember seeing the video you posted about it! But I didn't notice the post dates on this thread and thought that a decision about Emma Field had been revisited and it was now on the cards again!

12 hours ago, Dieter said:

No doubt, Cushman Meadows is an excellent, outstanding scenery however, the former Emma Field X radiated a special winning charm which was  exceptional!

Exactly! (Even more so if it is your first scenery purchase)

Archived