The blue clouds of Aberdeen part 2

Jack Sawyer

19 minutes ago, Mark Abdey said:

I also like the lighting coming through the foggy haze, but the over-bright, blue tinged clouds are very off putting.

Thanks Mark.  Have you had the time to create a preset for 2.5 yet?  I’ve been extremely busy with real life headaches with my house.

1 minute ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Mark.  Have you had the time to create a preset for 2.5 yet?  I’ve been extremely busy with real life headaches with my house.

I don't have Ultra Weather I'm afraid Jack and don't know if XVision could correct the tint in the cloud artwork anyway.... Sorry to hear things at home are not going smoothly.  I hope it gets sorted for you soon.

1 minute ago, Mark Abdey said:

I don't have Ultra Weather I'm afraid Jack and don't know if XVision could correct the tint in the cloud artwork anyway.... Sorry to hear things at home are not going smoothly.  I hope it gets sorted for you soon.

Thanks Mark, I was under the impression there was a preset for UWXP.  Maybe I’m wrong.  I’ll have to either mess with it or roll back.

3 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks FILOU but XP looks ridiculous like this with blue/purple clouds.  A real step backwards.

You are welcome Jack .

Is not XP look ridiculous for me.

1 minute ago, Jack Sawyer said:

No, I meant UWXP, not XP itself which is cool, but the new version of UWXP which makes things all bluish and purple.

I do not understand why they have not kept the solid base of the 2.4 version by improving it regularly and intelligently by small regular updates...

@Jack Sawyer Hello jack. I may be wrong but the clouds in your pics look to me like you have just installed UWXP 2.5 and then flown. No settings made. 

Again I may be wrong so will apologise if I am. However, it "appears" that you have not made any adjustments nor completed the process required to allow the UWXP features to be displayed. Regarding the cloud colours: Have you gone into the Clouds settings at all? In those settings is an option called Cloud Colour Gain. You need to adjust that setting to suit your preference. I will attach 3 pics to show the effects of adjusting this setting and show that clouds don't have to be blue/purple haze.

I also ask if you completed the requirement of reloading the sky and clouds textures as per the User Manual. Your clouds do not look defined and the reason could well be because you did not reload either the sky colours or the Clouds textures. Once you have chosen your preferred Sky Colour you need to reload the textures by going into the Xplane menu, developer/Show Sky Colours and hit Reload. With chosen Clouds setting you need the Xplane menu/developer/show Texture browser and enter "cloud_puff" then double click on each window that shows to load in the UWXP textures. The full instructions are on page 37 & 38 of the User manual which is contained within the UWXP folder in X-Plane directory/Resources/ Plugins/UWXP.

Here are the pics to show that clouds don't have to be purple by adjusting the Cloud Colour Gain option. The option is on the right hand side of the Options/Settings offerings which I have included in the pics. You will note the slight difference in the Cloud Colour Gain Slider.

I hope the above explanation is helpful in allowing you to make the required adjustments so you enjoy what UWXP 2.5 offers.

PURPLE clouds:

PG8eoqB.jpg

Less purple but also note the much more defined details of the clouds.

6bLCmhF.jpg

White clouds.

EWt0fAL.jpg

6 hours ago, jjaycee1 said:

No settings made. 

Thanks JJ!  You have described it perfectly.  I haven't even had a chance to look at the new interface, been so busy restoring the house after a major disaster.

I'm going to take your suggestions.

If I remember correctly FILOU had a post of what settings he used.  Do you have any suggestions on settings?

I haven't checked. The pics I put in my post to you above were taken with xVision in use. They were taken with Renault's Natural Colour xvs.

With UWXP you are reloading the sky, cloud and water  textures of UWXP included in the programme. With XVision I believe you are loading different bespoke Shaders not textures.

2 minutes ago, jjaycee1 said:

I haven't checked. The pics I put in my post to you above were taken with xVision in use. They were taken with Renault's Natural Colour xvs.

With UWXP you are reloading the sky, cloud and water  textures of UWXP included in the programme. With XVision I believe you are loading different bespoke Shaders not textures.

Thanks JJ, I made a flight and it now looks good but I had two CTD’s, this never happens in XP.  But finally made a good flight to Edinburgh with ASCP and all was well.  Will post soon as I’m now messing with P3D.

Archived