Bordeaux to Madrid

my flight from Bordeaux to Madrid    and in the spring and set at dawn with p3dv4.4 and set in the spring  and with rex  skyforce

i did this trip every week in my truck to Spain  and back to England  when i was going to Madrid i would leave just the other side of Bordeaux from st Genis de saintonge  and that is where all the English drivers stopped on there way to and   from spain most times i would have plenty to drink the night befor with wine and beer plenty of but in the morning you do not feel good and you have to drive for 8 hrs my own fault .

i would leave there and drive to Bordeaux and then get on the A63 and run down to Spain  and this road goes through loads of forest and we called the road down through the forest and i am heading for Irun in Spain to clear customs this will take me about 5 hrs and get there and put my paperwork in meet the lads and more drink  and then come back to our trucks and put our food together and have a cook up i have had some very strange concoctions to eat in the past we would put tins of curry , stew and corned beef all in the same pan and other foods as well we called it truck stew .

i would leave thee in the morning and go onto the  N121 and that is a very small road runs along side the river for some time  and then in about 1 hr you come to the mountain Pamplona it is a very bad road loads of drivers have been killed on it for it is very steep with about 6 or 7 hairpin bends and when you are going up you are in second gear climbing for about half a hr not a very nice road at all i hated it very dangerous .

i was coming  back from Valencia going back to the uk and coming down this mountain in a too higher a gear and i come round a few bends and torching my brakes to slow my self down and i had a problem i ended up with no brakes wit 22 tone of onions on my truck and a gross wait of 44 ton and i had my daughter with me that made it worse and i was going down faster and faster i was going to jump out and let the truck go over the mountain with out me in it but i managed to go down a few gears there as a hell of a noise but i was slowing down and applied the exsorster brake with my foot and i was slowing down any way i got round the rest of the bends and got to the bottom of the mountain and stopped in a lay by my brakes where nearly on fire red hot and loads of smoke i nearly had a  accident  with going to the toilet in my jeans when i could not stop .

that taught me a lesson come down a mountain in the gear you go up in most times it would be 2 second gear so i would come down in that gear and after that day i did never have any problems with any mountains  in Spain or France or Italy and i am still hear today to tell the tale and i loved this job did it for 35 years and miss it like hell regards EMM stewart ps below is a link for pamplona with pictures ect

http://www.trucknetuk.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=71623

nnvnk3m.jpg

mYw4ppr.jpg

sm5N7ZF.jpg

NbIenOa.jpg

N0kVkW7.jpg

rUFXR3U.jpg

3l4jder.jpg

LPwtkrZ.jpg

2BYmbUp.jpg

jse4FdV.jpg

HdpXEQr.jpg

7j3kc94.jpg

H4LVjyS.jpg

MQbEykI.jpg

I8bxnOU.jpg

15  well i hope you have enjoyed my flight and my shots and my story regards EMM

5 hours ago, Adam Banks said:

Amazing story (and pics). We sure do some daft things at times, don't we?

Your next "sortie" will now be a photo-recce of the said hairpins! :lol:

Adam.

Thanks Adam i am so pleased with your comments on my set of shots and my story after that i had been up and down loads of times and no problems after that i have tried to find pictures on the internet of that road did you click on the link i do not know if it worked there was a few pictures on there and comments on the road regards EMM

On 3/29/2019 at 10:57 PM, Captain Lars said:

Thanks Stewart for this very rare insight into a trucker's life.Very interesting, and your personal story was quite compelling. Nothing beats a self-lived story!

Thanks Captain L  i am sorry for the delay i have been downloading all my none orbx airports and serial numbers that i lost what a job 2 days i am so plesed you liked my story and my set of shots and with the job i had good times and bad but i loved it and i just have memories of the good old days regards EMM 

Archived