Had to land, like right away.

Jack Sawyer

This is the TBM 900, it's outstanding, right up there with A2A and PMDG, in fact better in some ways.  

You really have to be careful with this plane as it will break easily if you don't fly by the book but I absolutely love it.

Anyway, I wanted to make an Orbx to Orbx airport flight like I usually am wont to do but I left the gas caps off and in one shot you can see gas just streaming out of the tanks so I had to try to land in a hurry.  It was cool because I could see the fuel indicators falling.  I made a nice landing at EGTF, Fairoaks after departing EGTR, Elstree, both VERY nicely done!

First shot, over temped the engines and added fuel too soon, so a jet-BQ!

AUjAL3R.jpg

Back at it.

gdONDpX.jpg

4py3njL.jpg

P00rcVF.jpg

This plane has some serious git up an' go!

RbAlNUx.jpg

zqZSNO2.jpg

Don't know if you can see the fuel streaming out but you can se the caps off.  Oops! :huh:

a4Azul8.jpg

dwtw76B.jpg

In XP it's so incredibly smooth that looking out the window at Fairoaks was surreal.

9jjKqUR.jpg

c1EMgHR.jpg

8BXPZv9.jpg

7 hours ago, olderndirt said:

Very nice texturing of the concrete slab runway.  Full throttle for very long usually results in flames but they always come up with a new one :).

Thanks OND!  That bit of flames was a hot start, I moved the throttle before hitting the starter.

3 hours ago, M110A2 said:

Good shots Jack and a good lesson to learn from. Thankfully it is only a simulation, new at the time of their release $3.7 million. 

Thanks, you’re right, I didn’t know that’s what they cost.  Some of the parts in sim are almost that expensive.  

33 minutes ago, European Mountain Man said:

Super set of shots Jack you will get there in the end you are bound to have a few mishaps when you get a new toy regards EMM

Thanks Stewart.  It’s incredible the level of detail and complexity in this plane.

Archived