Forbidden Passage

macca22au

Beyond the aircraft, sitting at Nelson Airport, and to the left of the flag (NZ of course), are a few trees clad in Autumn colours.  They are on Rabbit Island, a Nudist Colony in my youth, and the source of the most horrible threats from my parents if I ever went in that direction.  Sadly, I sometimes wish I hadn't been so obedient to my Scots Presbyterian parents .......

JTUSfWq.jpg

Ah - the 'Kirk'.  Every Sunday, I was towed, drug, heel marks all the way.  Our minister was the Reverend Mr Dick (not a pun), thunderng and browbeating the congregation for an hour , or so, then receiving handshakes at the door for his efforts.

Rodger, loved your retort.  My brother is a Presbyterian Minister.  Early in life I intended also to go to theological college, but I drifted higher in Churchmanship then realised I was using colours and symbolism to disguise my agnosticism. But the firm lessons of childhood have remained with me.

1 hour ago, macca22au said:

Rodger, loved your retort.  My brother is a Presbyterian Minister.  Early in life I intended also to go to theological college, but I drifted higher in Churchmanship then realised I was using colours and symbolism to disguise my agnosticism. But the firm lessons of childhood have remained with me.

Glad you didn't try to force it, Ian. If a person does not have the authentic Call, a lot of damage can be done to all concerned. Nothing wrong with honestly chosen agnosticism. Especially if one has ORBX alongside! :D

Archived