P3dV4.4 Crashing - No Message

HI guys

Im not having the best run with 4.4 I have to say. I have tried numerous times to fly from YPMQ (Port Macquarie) to YCFS (Coffs Harbour) in thre A2A 182. the sim keeps crashing midway through the flight. It just freezes for a couple of seconds and then shuts off to windows. There is no error message.

I tried flying from Palm Springs in the US to Los Angeles and there was no problem. 

Would anyine have any ideas what could be the issue? I verified the Australia files from FTX and it still happens

3 hours ago, shane280172 said:

where do I find  that Flying Fish?

It can be found on the windows menu when you right click on the little windows logo.  Event viewer, Application events.  Look for the red no entry sign next to the time your error happened.

ntdll.dll crash is a common one. This can* be fixed by deleting your Shaders folder and letting the sim rebuild it.

c: > users > your username > AppData > Local > Lockheed Martin > Prepar3d v4

Delete the folder or take a backup if you wish but it must be gone for the sim to rebuild it.

Restart the flight and see if fixed.

*your results may vary.

you can also rename you Prepar3d.cfg and alow prepar3d to create a new one.  that will put everything back to default.  Now sure Stu what issue you having with Rex Skyforce.  I know if the texture settings are all pumped up to 4096 x4096 on the clouds it will do that.  I go midway on the cloud textures and have never suffered CTD's on it. 

Archived