Canary Yellow

VH-KDK

A short look at Norwich, the capital of East Anglia.

1.omnR9PC.jpg

It has a population of 141,000 and until the turn of the 18th Century was the largest town outside of London.

2.IydkHq1.jpg

Norwich Cathedral is the largest building in East Anglia. At 315 ft it has the second highest spire after Salisbury.

3.XxndAOU.jpg

Construction began in 1096 and finished in 1145. The spire was built in 1480.

4.yZ10NB5.jpg

The River Wensum and Carrow Road, the home of Championship side Norwich City. Majority owned by celebrity chef  Delia Smith City are also known as The Canaries and play in yellow and green.

5.ZbS2ksd.jpg

By the port wing tip is Norwich Station, terminus of the Great Eastern main line from London's Liverpool Street. Crown Point Maintenance Depot can also be seen.

6.NHQABrC.jpg

Back to EGSH, opened in 1933 as a test airport for Bolton & Paul. Used by the USAAF's 8th Air Force in WW2. After the war it was an RAF station before being decommissioned in 1967. Now it is an international airport.

Your yellow needs more Vitamin C - get a Lut.  When I first spotted the Norwich Cathedral, I wondered how they could allow all those crap buildings so close - it's beauty needs some space.   Last time I looked, there was no Salisbury Cathedral and Winchester was just a generic afterthought.

On ‎11‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 7:55 AM, Jack Sawyer said:

I do indeed like the livery!  And Martyn, your shots are getting better and more informative, I have learned so much from you descriptions here it's amazing.  Thank you for that.

Cheers Jack, my favourite colour combination too. 

I am glad you like my narratives and it is learning for me too as I never went to this part of England when I lived there.

I miss all of the history now living in a relatively young country.

On ‎11‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 8:42 AM, Stillwater said:

Fantastic shots as in your previous excursions, Martyn.

Nevertheless my highlight is the construction time of the cathedral. Maybe the project leaders have undergone the Hindi rebirths and now work at Berlin airport?

Thanks Gerold, some things never change!:lol:

On ‎11‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 12:20 PM, lifejogger said:

Ahhh, another yellow airplane and it looks good with the super scenery...  Great shots Martyn.

Thanks John, there is a lot of them about and they are easier to notice.:rolleyes:

On ‎11‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 12:31 PM, olderndirt said:

Your yellow needs more Vitamin C - get a Lut.  When I first spotted the Norwich Cathedral, I wondered how they could allow all those crap buildings so close - it's beauty needs some space.   Last time I looked, there was no Salisbury Cathedral and Winchester was just a generic afterthought.

I have yet to visit Winchester or Salisbury and that is a little disappointing that they are not there especially as Salisbury has the tallest spire in the UK. Hopefully it will be included soon in the POIs.

I think I will find LUT as confusing as to which vitamin I need to take.:blink::wacko::-:banghead:

At the moment I am just using straight XPlane without any enhancements...……….watch this space!:lol:

On ‎11‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 6:18 PM, adambar said:

Beautiful shots indeed Martyn! :)  I like that plane.

Thank you Adam.

I just love it although I have never seen a 215 or 415 in RL, maybe not enough lakes here for them to make it down under for the fire season.

Not the most beautiful of planes but it was built for a purpose which it does really well.

Of course it is a radial so it must be likeable!:lol:

Archived