TrueEarth performance XP vs P3D

NoLonger

I suppose you can't really compare them but how is performance of TE GB in XP compared to performance of TE Netherlands in P3D?

On my PC TE really struggles in P3D: I have to lower a lot of settings, use no weather and fly a default plane to maintain something like 23 fps (with extreme dense autogen though!). Is XP any better (with all details on)? I really like what I see of TE GB in XP. At this moment I only fly TE Netherlands in AFS2 because performance is superb but it since most TE releases are for XP at this moment I am thinking about reinstalling XP again just for TE. I know XP won't reach the fps that AFS2 easily reaches but if it is better than P3D I might give it a shot...

I must admit I have modest settings with my P3Dv4  but never get get a problem which is a bit unlike me.  Even London and Melbourne gives me 15fps but steady and then gradually climbs as I reach the outskirts.  Flying over any part of Holland has no effect on frame rate.  As far as I'm concerned P3Dv4 its the best thing since sliced bread.  I never ever look at my frame rates any more.

John

Much, much better than TE Netherlands in P3D. In Prepar3D there is a lot of stutters, and blurries all the way. 
In the most recent XP version (XP 11.30 Beta 5) it's very fluent on my system.

Quality of the ground textures is also miles ahead compared to Prepar3D.

18 hours ago, Matthijs said:

Much, much better than TE Netherlands in P3D. In Prepar3D there is a lot of stutters, and blurries all the way. 
In the most recent XP version (XP 11.30 Beta 5) it's very fluent on my system.

Quality of the ground textures is also miles ahead compared to Prepar3D.

That may very well be system related. On my system , running Prepar3D v4, TE Netherlands looks very good. Unlike you I do not suffer from stutters and blurries. Still I have fairly high settings. I can't compare the performance with XP, as I don't use this sim (yet).

• 2 weeks later...

I also suffer blurry textures within TE Netherlands in P3D. Whereas with FXS the scenery was nice and crisp to start with and then degrade, with P3D the textures are blurry from the start which leads me to believe there is a big problem. 

Hi Slipstream. Just out of curiosity what are your pc specs please. Plus have you set your Orbx settings to the recommended. Just thought you might need to put this in the recommended forum for support if you need it. Derek.

Archived