Netherlands issues

Wonder if I am the only one having these graphic issues in Netherland (Orbx)

Floating buildings at Gilze-Rijen EHGR (and some other places)

Misaligned grass and runway texture in most of the airports.

I have the latest GPU Nvidia drivers and a GTX1070 (I have just checked again again)

I have tried lowering the graphic settings to low with lowest resolution 1024x768 (get about 500fps) and the buildings is still floating?

Untitled-2.jpg

Untitled-1.jpg

Untitled-1 (1).jpg

3 minutes ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

Thanks,

Looks good, the same as mine.....maybe run the "Verify files" option In FTXC3 for the Netherlands product..not the Steam Verify files.

Thank you for your reply :)

Where do I find this "Verify files" option in FTXC3?

Udklip.thumb.JPG.39a11271befe42f7a3650751865ef208.JPG

22 minutes ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

You will need to opt into FastLane and upgrade to the newest version of FTXC3 as per the below topic.

Ran the "Verify files"  now after opting into FastLane and upgrading to the newest version of FTXC3.

All up to date and I still got the same misaligned grass and floating buildings at Gilze-Rijen EHGR  (Only place I have testet yet after updating now).

• 1 month later...

It's a bit unfortunate that we have no news or answer regarding the patch.

I have bought a product that does not work properly and it really breaks the immersion of else an amazing scenery.

I was really looking forward to this scenery for a long time.

14 hours ago, Sylvain Delepierre said:

Yes it will come. I'm currently working on about 40 custom models for lighthouses with their lighting.

Okay, thank you for the answer :-)

I'm looking forwardto the update. The floating objects and misaligned grass breaks the immersion in VR.

• 3 weeks later...

Permission to speak freely:

I have been waiting since august and my patience is getting tested here.

Sorry for the honesty, but I think it's a very bad experience buying a $54.95 AUD product with all these floating objects in many of the airports.

It makes me consider if your bussines plan is releasing many buggy products instead of patching already released products?

It's indeed nice with "40 custom models for lighthouses with their lighting" coming some day, but maybe the floating buildings and objects should be prioritized instead?

This experience make me really worried buying Orbx products again - on sale or not...

:(

17 hours ago, Tonni Blicher Brastgaard said:

Permission to speak freely:

I have been waiting since august and my patience is getting tested here.

Sorry for the honesty, but I think it's a very bad experience buying a $54.95 AUD product with all these floating objects in many of the airports.

It makes me consider if your bussines plan is releasing many buggy products instead of patching already released products?

It's indeed nice with "40 custom models for lighthouses with their lighting" coming some day, but maybe the floating buildings and objects should be prioritized instead?

This experience make me really worried buying Orbx products again - on sale or not...

:(

As was seen recently with the wind turbines, sometimes the Aerofly AFS2 engine does strange things, and the devs have no idea why.  It's possible that the issues are related to problems that are not easy to fix.  I understand that floating objects are a bit of a hit to the immersion factor but only for a few seconds at particular spots, then once you're flying, which is the idea of a flight sim, they can be forgotten and the incredible flying over the scenery can be enjoyed.  that's the attitude I take, anyway.

1 hour ago, John Dow said:

As was seen recently with the wind turbines, sometimes the Aerofly AFS2 engine does strange things, and the devs have no idea why.  It's possible that the issues are related to problems that are not easy to fix.  I understand that floating objects are a bit of a hit to the immersion factor but only for a few seconds at particular spots, then once you're flying, which is the idea of a flight sim, they can be forgotten and the incredible flying over the scenery can be enjoyed.  that's the attitude I take, anyway.

I don't find this to be a cheap product at this price. At least not for me. 

I find it quite uacceptable to buy a product and wait over a quarter of a year and still not getting fixes for some VERY obvious faults. 

When we ask and ask, we do sometimes get lucky to get answers like below:

Yes, the comments are seen.

I have no news on a service pack. 

7 hours ago, Tonni Blicher Brastgaard said:

No actual news about an update? 

And still radio silence??? 

My guess is the developer is methodically plodding through fixes as time in his life permits.  When the list is complete the SP1 will be released.  Until then it is still perfectly possible to enjoy flying around the Netherlands enjoying the scenery below.

3 hours ago, John Dow said:

My guess is the developer is methodically plodding through fixes as time in his life permits.  When the list is complete the SP1 will be released.  Until then it is still perfectly possible to enjoy flying around the Netherlands enjoying the scenery below.

But still not good enough... 

The really should fix these big issues before creating new content. 

(this scenery was released in august) 

And yes, when flying it's not as apparent. At least not in planes, but with the newly released R22 helicopter it's a way bigger issue. 

And Personally I do spend some considerable  time on the the grund running procedures, taxiing etc. 

This product can not be recommended in this state... 

Hello,

I think you have made your point several times.

There will be a service pack and I am sure you would not hesitate to

come back loudly if your demands were not fully met on its release.

Others have complained of the lack of lighthouses and their demands

need to be satisfied also.

I would ask for your patience while the service pack is prepared for release.

52 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

I think you have made your point several times.

There will be a service pack and I am sure you would not hesitate to

come back loudly if your demands were not fully met on its release.

Others have complained of the lack of lighthouses and their demands

need to be satisfied also.

I would ask for your patience while the service pack is prepared for release.

My repeatedly questions is a result of getting short answers and no estimate for how long we have to wait. 

It's nice to go get an answer though. 

I just hope all these dealbreaking and floating buildings/objects and grass on runways will be Fixed with this service pack someday (hopefully in 2019)... 

"Two more weeks..."

I know that it takes lots of work to make a service pack and I admire that.

But please don`t say that you're only adding lighthouses?,  there`s so much more than the coastal and Western part of the Netherlands.

Please give us the missing bridges and other detailed landmarks for the rest of the country, it would be very appreciated and would bring the scenery to really extreme high standards...

I agree with John Anderson64 and yes I have plenty of patience. As one who has worked in the IT/software world I know that in every dev cycle there is a point when you have to release and then update. VFR flying is all about landmarks and rivers and bridges etc and they are missing. An ETA would be appreciated even if it slips. As it stands Its an excellent product which would be even better if these minor issues were fixed.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/15/2018 at 5:35 PM, John Anderson64 said:

Please include bridges over the Rhine at Arnhem, now they are missing...

Yep, a lot important POI's and Landmarks are missing. It's a beautiful scenery but missing Huge VFR Landmarks like Scheveningen Beach (Pier & Kurhaus) Motorway Bridge A2 Vianen, Moerdijk Bridge etc. etc.

4 hours ago, simbanl said:

Yep, a lot important POI's and Landmarks are missing. It's a beautiful scenery but missing Huge VFR Landmarks like Scheveningen Beach (Pier & Kurhaus) Motorway Bridge A2 Vianen, Moerdijk Bridge etc. etc.

On the other hand, a user posted some vids that showed a lot of POIs that I would never have noticed, not being familiar with the area. It's always a balance, I guess.

8 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

On the other hand, a user posted some vids that showed a lot of POIs that I would never have noticed, not being familiar with the area. It's always a balance, I guess.

Normally, Yes but these items you can't ignore and leaving them out is the same as leaving out The Golden Gate Bridge, The Liberty Stand in NY or Central Park.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/13/2018 at 2:00 AM, John Anderson64 said:

I know that it takes lots of work to make a service pack and I admire that.

But please don`t say that you're only adding lighthouses?,  there`s so much more than the coastal and Western part of the Netherlands.

Please give us the missing bridges and other detailed landmarks for the rest of the country, it would be very appreciated and would bring the scenery to really extreme high standards...

This takes time, please be patient while your demands for "really extreme high standards" are being worked on.

• 2 weeks later...

All,

We who bought this product love it and fly it despite the above issues. In my humble opinion many of these issues could have been dealt with if you had a larger beta test team. A small group will invariably miss things. It is a product for VFR and therefore VFR landmarks should not have been missed. Why not put out a call for people who live in these areas and get them to test?

Just an idea!

John.

Archived